Well I take my best friend for his last ride tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got up this morning to go pee and let my roxie out to do the same when it hits me that she's gone. We put her down yesterday. Seeing the dog food dish and the chew toys brings back a flood of memories, and the tears. I'm right there with you. Hang in there.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for you losing your friend. I think it's definitely better to help them go when they're suffering.

We lost one of ours to a car accident last year; he died in my arms. I still tear up thinking about it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put my dog down January 7th of last year and it was one of the worst feelings I ever had. I held him in my arms as the Dr. delivered the injection, as life began to drain away I cried my eyes out. I only cried once but it was a hell of a cry. Over time the good memories will soothe the sorrow.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who's had to make that terrible choice for a beloved family member understands your pain. Hopefully you can find comfort in the knowledge that you have brought an end to pain and suffering.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Latest posts

Top Bottom