Well our Leader Dictator has decried no Keystone pipeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of running the pipeline across the country to Texas for oil refinement, why not build a refining facility up North?

There is much more red tape to build a new refinery than to trench a pipeline a couple thousand miles. Not to mention you would need much more than 1 source of oil to make a refinery economically feasible.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is much more red tape to build a new refinery than to trench a pipeline a couple thousand miles. Not to mention you would need much more than 1 source of oil to make a refinery economically feasible.

Wouldn't there be more red tape for a pipeline since it crosses multiple states jurisdictions? And don't we have one of the largest oil deposits on Earth in Alaska? Just making conversation.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't see what everyone is crying about, is it about gas prices? I checked the air pressure in my tires and found I was low 1 pound, filled her back up and I'm getting better gas mileage. Thank you king obama!!! I just hope we can do for you all the things you have done for us.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with trying to build a new refinery is obama's epa. It's nearly impossible to build a new refinery while meeting all of their regulations, provided you can even get the permits to start with.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem with trying to build a new refinery is obama's epa. It's nearly impossible to build a new refinery while meeting all of their regulations, provided you can even get the permits to start with.

The Great White North wins either way. Stupid US government. Can't do anything without fawking it up.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would anyone be surprised by this? If it doesn't fit in with the plan of horrendously inefficient and dependent upon .gov subsidies "renewable" energy, then it isn't going to gain so much as a start with this administration.

Didn't they just do a major cut to the subsidies for ethanol and the like?

Latest posts

Top Bottom