Wendy's drive thru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Compare it to Amazon, who will pay for your college too. Heck, Walmart will now too.
Which to me, drives home the fact small businesses are screwed. There was a government guy, can't remember who, on one of the Sunday shows a few months ago talking about the $15 minimum wage. Host asked what about the small business who couldn't just raise prices to cover it. Government guy accidentally let the truth pop out and said basically, they didn't want those kind of jobs.

I guess this is another instance of where the coal miners should just learn to code, since it's such a similar skillset, according to Biden.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a reason they are working at a fast food place.

It's right there on the sign.

Abject poverty (in the US) has more to do with intelligence and education than it does with where or to whom you are born.

Change my mind.

edit - Abject = bad choice of adjectives. What I mean is "poverty" as we know it in the US. I've traveled to some 3rd world countries. The Abject poverty I've seen there is worlds apart from the poverty I've seen in the US.

Last edited:

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a reason they are working at a fast food place.
And this ^^^^ is one of the reasons I have a hard time finding talent. I have an average wage rate over $16 and hour, 16 people making over $50k and 4 of those over $80k. America’s view of fast food employees.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We haven't even scratched the surface of the truth. The issue is many people are paid more to stay on unemployment than work for starters. Secondly, we as a nation have looked down on people that have blue-collar jobs. Many of us have heard or have been told that fallacy of if you want to succeed in life get a college degree. Or you are better than fast food.

there is something brewing in the air and we can all feel it. We are just one circumstance for things to get out of hand.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most fast food places are primarily staffed with High School kids, or kids just out of school. Not only are the youth not leaving home when they graduate. They also have no interest in getting a first job. McDonald's, or Wendy's is way below their self absorbed self worth. These "Gen Z" kids are content staying home and playing video games until someone can offer them a management role.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sonic at 2nd and Kelly in Edmond is drive-through only due to staff shortages. I've seen several not open for breakfast early too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom