Wendy's drive thru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this ^^^^ is one of the reasons I have a hard time finding talent. I have an average wage rate over $16 and hour, 16 people making over $50k and 4 of those over $80k. America’s view of fast food employees.

You have a hard time finding talent because people are lazy and don't want to work. The same reason that everyone else that's hiring can't find talent. Most people don't want a job, they just want a check.

I've never known anyone that owned a food service place that wasn't hiring, and if they did hire someone, a 3 month tenure was a good hire. Obviously they had long term employees, but they had to go thru a bus full of employees to find one good one.

Regardless of the wage, most people don't want to have a career in food service, at least as an employee. A long, long time ago in college, I managed a bar. I waited tables. People suked then. That was 40+ years ago. I can't imagine how bad it is now. As a side note, I quit dining out with some people I know because they were ****** tippers. Neither of them had ever waited tables or worked in food service. It showed. I got tired of having to pick up their slack on the tips. If I could go back to waiting tables and make double what I make now, I wouldn't do it.

edit - and, the person that made that sign is bumping up against illiterate. Yeah, that's pretty harsh. It's also mostly true. If I owned a business, I wouldn't want the person that made that sign handling any cash revenue.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even in the small towns this is the case. Most of the stores on main street in Bristow (Pop 4,257) have help wanted signs posted. And in Olpe, KS (Pop 600) the local business are only open a few days a week due to staffing shortages.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to become a professional mooch it's like a part time job.
I saw a chart somewhere that listed how much you could mooch off the government. Hawaii and DC were over $100k and I think Ok was like $53k.
Housing, food, healthcare, childcare, utilities, phones, internet, etc.
The educated are partaking of this rather than work.
This doesn't include private charities where you can get free clothing, bedding, housewares etc.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to become a professional mooch it's like a part time job.
I saw a chart somewhere that listed how much you could mooch off the government. Hawaii and DC were over $100k and I think Ok was like $53k.
Housing, food, healthcare, childcare, utilities, phones, internet, etc.
The educated are partaking of this rather than work.
This doesn't include private charities where you can get free clothing, bedding, housewares etc.
My mother went this route in the 80s. It’s a sad life in the end. When the benefits run out, what skills will a person have acquired? Have they paid into social security? Even saved up enough to buy a small condo late in life? Some people see jumping through all the hoops to get all of the benefits as their work. It’s supposed to be a safety net, not a way of life.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uh, isn't it that way at every drive thru everywhere? One payment window, one pickup window, one car and order at a time?
And...the first thing you do after paying before driving away is CHECK YOUR ORDER!

It's not because of honesty issues it's because of incompetence.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And this ^^^^ is one of the reasons I have a hard time finding talent. I have an average wage rate over $16 and hour, 16 people making over $50k and 4 of those over $80k. America’s view of fast food employees.
In fast food? If so where?

Latest posts

Top Bottom