Went to my first long range shooting comp today…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I basically do the same but I use a stack of feeler gauges between the rail and the bottom of the scope.

These methods only work if the bottom of the scope is flat.

I don’t use a bubble level on top of a scope cap/elevation turret . I don’t know if they are manufactured level. Probably on the higher end scopes they are but I wouldn’t trust the plastic caps found on some scopes.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Its so much easier. You would want to level the reciever not the barrel as shown in the picture. You can have a level on the barrel but your reciever could be canted. Sure you could have a level on the reciever and the barrel and level it up but you would have to move the level on the reciever to mount the scope where it could still get bumped and move. With the wedges it doesnt matter. The wedges will line everything up regardless of levelness. I hope that makes sense. Super simple to do and way easier than levels or plum bob

I level the receiver and lock it down in the vise. Then I slap the barrel level on it and match to the receiver so I still have a reference point when I’m leveling my scope

Latest posts

Top Bottom