Western Coyote Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wormy, for what it's worth try out some of the Sierra 55gr. GameKings the number is #1365 they are not poly tips but they work very well and even on deer. I went to the 17 Rem years ago and while I probably don't have near as many dogs under my belt I've yet to see a death dance with the 17 I think it's my magical bullets I order :D

If you reload shoot me a PM I'll give you a load that worked well in my AR and I have another that was awesome is awesome in the bolt rifle! heck if you want I'll give you a few to try out. Later,

Kirk

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what i am reading the same two guys won both the Woodward Contest on the first and the Elk City contest this weekend. Will be interesting to see if they get into the Woodward one this weekend and how they do. They might just three-peat.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wormy, try to look up some Calhoon (sp?) bullets, I've heard they make a "double hollow point" that are absolutely vicious, they just can't handle high velocity like a 22-243 or even 22-250, or I would have already tried them myself. Got told about them at last year's OPHA annual hunt, might be worth looking into.

Latest posts

Top Bottom