Western Coyote Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We got 5th overall, and two other teams had 8 coyotes as well. Ties were settled by who had the biggest coyote. The biggest coyote of the night weighed 46lbs. We had a pretty good time and perfect weather.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winning team had 12, second had 10, and third, forth, and fifth each had 8.

I didn't have a chance to take many pictured as we were litterly running and hunting as fast as we could. The few I did take I'll try to get posted soon.

It was a fantastic hunt but if it was a two day contest I'm not sure I would make it. I am soooo sore today. I've got muscles I didn't even know I had that are sore today. It was definitely worth it.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days I hopoe to have time to actually get out where I can plan, scout, and get place to hunt so I can get in on some of these they sound like it would be a good time! Hard to make the time when your working all the time for sure. Some pics would be great if you have them. Later,

Kirk

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a fantastic day. We had dogs responding the best I have ever seen. We had very few stands that were dry. We had many stands with multiple dogs coming in but our shooting was piss poor. Had 3 dogs get up and run off. .223 55 grain Accutip's weren't getting the job done. Anybody recommend a heavier bullet for .223???

We had a total of 22 dogs called and killed 8, wounding 3 that were never recovered. We did get a triple, I shot two and missed one then my brother got him on the run at 80 yards with his 22-250! It was an amazing shot. He also hit a female in the mouth at over 200, Then on our last stand he hit one at 400 or more, but when we got there it was gone.

Anyways I could tell the story of our hunt just like everybody else could. There were highs and lows. It was a fantastic hunt. Thanks to the guys who put it on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom