What 22-250 to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a very nice Remington 799 in the classifieds that you might want to consider. I am having trouble resisting.

These were imported, Zastava made I think, and are on a short Mauser action.

I really don't want wood! I was this gun to be used and not babied! I always take care of my stuff but I don't wanna have to worry about scratching it!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't want wood! I was this gun to be used and not babied! I always take care of my stuff but I don't wanna have to worry about scratching it!

I wouldn't sweat it. The Remington 798\799 will (most likely) never be collectible rifles and the stocks are just laminated. Nothing fancy. I'd take it out and use it!

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it. The Remington 798\799 will (most likely) never be collectible rifles and the stocks are just laminated. Nothing fancy. I'd take it out and use it!

I guess I'd be scared for resale value more then anything! But ill be thinking about it! Ready to shoot some yotes!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think resale will be fine on them since the Mauser type action will always be held in high regard. Charles Daly imported them for awhile, then Remington. They are a no frills "work rifle". I have too much stuff now otherwise I'd be all over the 799 in the classifieds. It's a short, light profile barrel that would make a great walking gun.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+10 on the savage rifles. If you really want a good deal, find a Stevens model 200 at a pawn shop. It is the same action as the savage 110 but with a synthetic stock and an internal mag. I have one in 223 that is a tack driver. Blitzfike

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a Stevens that shot a half inch group right out of the box.
I don't really care for the savage trigger. I think if you spend another hundred on the trigger you might as well have bought a 700.

Wouldn't take anything for mine though!!!

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a $450 sps varmint in .223 that shot .5" groups with Hornady vmax wearing a crappy Simmons scope. I tried to buy that Win 70 pre-64 that a guy had in classifieds for $500. I was too late :cry11: I've noticed you can't find .223 ammo anywhere but 22-250 seems to be in stock. My plan of multiple guns in common calibers isn't working too well. The .223 700 is a 1-12" twist and all my ARs are 1-7" so they cant use the same ammo anyways.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont overlook the Tikka T3 lite for roughly 600 bucks. I have several and they are tack drivers and the bolt action is smooth as silk. I think it is the best value for quality one can get right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom