What a bunch of babies we have become

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even the home-grown have succumbed to the “standards” of the times. Pretty damned sad.
i recently watched an old mop and pop store sell out to a younger person. it is still a private store but the younger new owners now only open five days a week and the open later and close sooner. the older previous owners were open 6 days from 7 till 5:30 or later and would come in for a sale if you needed something. it will be interesting to see how long it lasts?????

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest sign of this is that we go on the internet and whine about it like little babies and then go back to our lives and do nothing
I always vote and implore others around me to vote too, some times I even think it should be law that people have to vote. Have you seen the numbers of who actualy vote? It's always under/around 50% of registered. very disheartening. To me the only way we can change anything is to stop voting D and R, I've never registered with either party, I'm the undecided. And we as citizens should also demand that there be term limits. No one should be a career politician! After reading up on who's on the ballot, and if they're all crap, I'll go for whose not an incumbent. That being said, I have to agree with you that the majorirty of people do just like you said, and it's only gotten worse with social media. I know this forum is technically social media (I still look at it as a BBS though), but the fb's, tweeties, etc is what really has made things worse in many aspects. (btw, I'm a software engineer and have watched this madness grow over the years.) No one wants to have civil talks about things, its all about the meme or the quick gotcha, smh. I sometime hope I don't live as long as my parents who are in their 80's. Why would I want to see what becomes of this great country? Anyway, rant off and back to watching my westerns. Got to get my morning rifleman in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom