What are these dies-tool bits/heads? Now just a tool thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
box full of taps
icon_smile_cool.gif

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy worked for Northrop I think.

More stuff

Please consider this an ongoing tools question thread.
icon_smile_big.gif

Any of this stuff still useable? A few of the head things are unused with the sticker tag.

What are Cratex heads used for? I can see deburring, smoothing and polishing
smiley_abused.gif
But on what?

On anything that needs deburring smoothing or polishing, generally aluminum because cratex is just an abrasive eraser and doesn’t wear well.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know right where mine is. It is in the 10mm slot in my tool case.

But then, I don't seem to ever work on anything that is metric, so that's probably why I know where it is.
You obviously don’t own a Ford... they should come with a complete set of 10 and 12mm sockets of every flavor.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You obviously don’t own a Ford... they should come with a complete set of 10 and 12mm sockets of every flavor.

You are new here. Wife and I own a Ford Expedition Max and a Ford F450. The F450 is to tow our 38 1/2-foot fifth wheel permanent home.

I just don't work on either of them very much, if at all.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a youngster, most everyone knew that a "Ford tune-up kit" was a roll of baling wire.
Back when F-O-R-D meant "found on road dead". :D

I got my first Ford in 1962 when I turned 16. It was a plain-Jane, 1954 two door sedan with six cylinder engine and three on the column shifter.

60 years later in car ownership, I can legitimately say that I have had less problems with my Fords than I have with all the other brands, both foreign and domestic. Numerous GM products were bad with failed engines, and the Chrysler products that I had just outright sucked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom