what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0CB210EC-97D2-4A66-A5E3-94E8108A7414.jpeg
Going to try some of this tonight

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I picked up three new whiskies to try this week.

Henry McKenna 10 year BIB
Rittenhoue Rye BIB
Johnnie Walker Black

I tried the McKenna and the Rittenhouse Thursday night and really liked them both especially for the price.

Tonight I plan on having a pour or two of the JW Black.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been drinkin' Jack Daniel's Single Barrel/Barrel Proof for the past month. I love the 132proof Jack and now will ALWAYS have a bottle in my liquor cabinet and in my man cave. It is awesome by itself and you must sip....sip.....really a half sip and let it swirl in your mouth before you swallow......liquid gold. I usually fill a shot glass and when I'm half done/half shot glass- I'll add 5-10 drops of cold Fiji Water. I wait for a few minutes and it opens up like a rose.

Leather -sweet chewing tobacco-brown sugar-honey-alcohol....flavors. If you gulp this libation....it will take your breath away. Sip and enjoy. No the burn isn't bad....no more than a 100proof.

Love the wide bottom/Canadian Glencairn glass.^^^

We move into our new house this Friday and I will toast the new place with a glass of this: Jack Gold!!!

Jack Daniel's Gold #27, double mellowed(charcoal twice) a few years in a charred oak barrel then a few years in a charred sugar maple barrel. Gentleman Jack is doubled mellowed and put in a charred oak barrel where the Gold is oak and sugar maple barreled!!!

Cheers!!!:sunbath:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up three new whiskies to try this week.

Henry McKenna 10 year BIB
Rittenhoue Rye BIB
Johnnie Walker Black

I tried the McKenna and the Rittenhouse Thursday night and really liked them both especially for the price.

Tonight I plan on having a pour or two of the JW Black.

All three of those are a very good choice!!! Enjoy......:yelclap:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have been drinkin' Jack Daniel's Single Barrel/Barrel Proof for the past month. I love the 132proof Jack and now will ALWAYS have a bottle in my liquor cabinet and in my man cave. It is awesome by itself and you must sip....sip.....really a half sip and let it swirl in your mouth before you swallow......liquid gold. I usually fill a shot glass and when I'm half done/half shot glass- I'll add 5-10 drops of cold Fiji Water. I wait for a few minutes and it opens up like a rose.

Leather -sweet chewing tobacco-brown sugar-honey-alcohol....flavors. If you gulp this libation....it will take your breath away. Sip and enjoy. No the burn isn't bad....no more than a 100proof.

Love the wide bottom/Canadian Glencairn glass.^^^

You sure make that JDSBBP sound great!

I drink all my whisk(e)y neat and sometimes add a few drops of room temperature water to open it up. It can take me up to an hour to enjoy a couple of ounces while exploring all the nuances of a pour.

I need to find me a couple of those Canadian Glencairns.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll pass on the Johnny Black. @Cohiba I picked up a few bottles of the Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof "B" Whiskey of the Year version. Also tried the Whistlepig, it was very good. Tried some Aberlour the other night - it was tolerable with a little water, but the nose... damn, my friend and I discussed it and the only thing I could come up with was sweaty feet or socks. I don't know, it did NOT smell good, I think I will probably pour the rest of it out.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still haven't opened my 3...now 2 bottles of Elijah Craig B517.

Whisky Advocate Magazine 2017 Bourbon of the year.
http://whiskyadvocate.com/top20/2017/1-elijah-craig-barrel-proof-b517/

I called Whisky Advocate and bought 2 of the magazines with this as their #1.

I gave an old friend 1 bottle of this and a magazine, I kept 2 bottles and 1 magazine. He told me this bottle is very smooth. I also have heard the C-2017 was supposed to be a nice bottle.

Saving the 2 for special occasions......may keep 1 bottle in our condo in Vegas and 1 bottle here in Okie land. Waiting on reviews for the 2018 batch.

124proof..........should be very nice.

tRidiot-Glad you enjoyed the WhistlePig!! Every bottle I have tried has been excellent. I think I have a bottle of Boss Hog-WhistlePig in Vegas condo.

A buddy who checks on our place out there hinted he left me a bottle of the "GOOD" WhistlePig.....he told me it was the Black Prince of the brand name.

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sure make that JDSBBP sound great!

I drink all my whisk(e)y neat and sometimes add a few drops of room temperature water to open it up. It can take me up to an hour to enjoy a couple of ounces while exploring all the nuances of a pour.

I need to find me a couple of those Canadian Glencairns.

Even my buddy who owns and runs The Liszt(Dance Club in OKC) shared a shot glass with me and liked the Jack 132proof!!!

One time I was at Trappers restaurant and ordered a glass, the lady sitting next to me was drinking a fruity drink. I asked the bartender for a sample shot and gave it to her. Told her how to drink it and she liked it.

Maybe I need to be a sales rep for this stuff!!!???

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll pass on the Johnny Black. @Cohiba I picked up a few bottles of the Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof "B" Whiskey of the Year version. Also tried the Whistlepig, it was very good. Tried some Aberlour the other night - it was tolerable with a little water, but the nose... damn, my friend and I discussed it and the only thing I could come up with was sweaty feet or socks. I don't know, it did NOT smell good, I think I will probably pour the rest of it out.

As I always say: I cannot stand Scotch!!!! I have tried NUMEROUS bottles and each and everyone tastes BAD to me. I have people tell me that I just haven't tried the good stuff but after over...well....at least 30-40 various samples I still hold my ground.

Just like Budweiser............can't stand it. Didn't in High School(Senior of '81) and can't now!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still haven't opened my 3...now 2 bottles of Elijah Craig B517.

I gave an old friend 1 bottle of this and a magazine, I kept 2 bottles and 1 magazine. He told me this bottle is very smooth. I also have heard the C-2017 was supposed to be a nice bottle.

Saving the 2 for special occasions......may keep 1 bottle in our condo in Vegas and 1 bottle here in Okie land. Waiting on reviews for the 2018 batch.

tRidiot-Glad you enjoyed the WhistlePig!! Every bottle I have tried has been excellent. I think I have a bottle of Boss Hog-WhistlePig in Vegas condo.

A buddy who checks on our place out there hinted he left me a bottle of the "GOOD" WhistlePig.....he told me it was the Black Prince of the brand name.

Now that sounds interesting.

I have a couple of bottles of the "C" batch, as well. I drank one, maybe 2? I don't remember. But I know it was damned good as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom