What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded up some 190 grain subs with H110 and a Hornady 190 SubX.

If my rings get here early enough tomorrow, I may run these over the Magnetospeed.
I need to order a magnetospeed. It's just too much BS to set up the chrony at the range.
Are you happy with yours?
I know it's the only device that can accurately measure shotshell speeds, and I do reload shotshells.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded 400 38 special yesterday evening and 600 .223. That got the ammo numbers up on those two calibers into the “ain’t gonna need to load those for a long time” category.
I'm in that boat. When I find a load that works in a particular firearm, I load 500 or more while the loader is set up, so I did spend a lot of time on the bench spring and fall.
Now that I've air conditioned the man cave/reloading area in the shop, I'll be able to get out there in the summer.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to order a magnetospeed. It's just too much BS to set up the chrony at the range.
Are you happy with yours?
I know it's the only device that can accurately measure shotshell speeds, and I do reload shotshells.
I love it. I got so tired of adjusting my Caldwell at the range, I would get there at sunup so I could get it set right. Then do it all over again when I moved targets or distance.

Big downfall is the POI with it. It's unpredictable on POI shift on vs off, so you have to get load data then remove it to finalize a zero. Not the end of the world and I guess the upside is just more fire formed brass.

16" barrled AR's with 15" rails are a no go unless you buy the rail mounting kit.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the day to myself.

Sized, wet tumbled, and annealed 250 cases for my first 6.5x47. Then I prepped 50 cases for primer and powder.

Also shot up the last of my loads for my second 6.5x47. Finished off the day with (5) in 2" at 400 yards.
View attachment 363498
Good shooting. FN SPR?
If so, I didn’t know they came in 6.5x47. Was it rebarreled?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it. I got so tired of adjusting my Caldwell at the range, I would get there at sunup so I could get it set right. Then do it all over again when I moved targets or distance.

Big downfall is the POI with it. It's unpredictable on POI shift on vs off, so you have to get load data then remove it to finalize a zero. Not the end of the world and I guess the upside is just more fire formed brass.

16" barrled AR's with 15" rails are a no go unless you buy the rail mounting kit.
Sheels looks to be the only store with the V3 in stock. I shoot everything suppressed now so the original MagnetoSpeed won't work.
Keep looking at the price, and thinking how much time it will be used with my loading style.
Yes, it's just for speed and not accuracy with a barrel hang on that will change the harmonics.
I've got a F1 Chrony and a Caldwell, that are so picky about the ambient light that I hate to use them.
Oh hell, it's only money.....Just talked myself into it.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loaded up some 10mm 180gr FP's tonight.

1680402559020.png

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting. FN SPR?
If so, I didn’t know they came in 6.5x47. Was it rebarreled?

Thanks.

Yessir, I have taken two if my three FN SPRs to Matt Stewart of Stewart Rifles LLC here in Eastern Oklahoma to have a new barrel put on. Per my request, he didn't mess with anything else...just chamber, install, and Cerakote a barrel.

The A1 in this picture had a Brux put on it. I like it well enough...it's just much more particular, but the A2 that was my first SPR done by Matt is a laser and has wide nodes with tangent ogive bullets. That one wears a Krieger.

I'm going to start playing with that A2 again in the very near future.

Matt is also fully working over a 700 SA for me right now. I don't have his machining skill (He was one if the original guys at Surgeon Rifles), so I'm happy to let him take care of the intricate stuff for me.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yessir, I have taken two if my three FN SPRs to Matt Stewart of Stewart Rifles LLC here in Eastern Oklahoma to have a new barrel put on. Per my request, he didn't mess with anything else...just chamber, install, and Cerakote a barrel.

The A1 in this picture had a Brux put on it. I like it well enough...it's just much more particular, but the A2 that was my first SPR done by Matt is a laser and has wide nodes with tangent ogive bullets. That one wears a Krieger.

I'm going to start playing with that A2 again in the very near future.

Matt is also fully working over a 700 SA for me right now. I don't have his machining skill (He was one if the original guys at Surgeon Rifles), so I'm happy to let him take care of the intricate stuff for me.
Yeah, Stewart builds quality rifles for sure. Was your FN one of those that was bedded by GAP for FN or did Stewart bed it as well?

Latest posts

Top Bottom