What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter and her boyfriend want to hit the range next Wednesday so I loaded up 100 rds of 45 Colt to run through the Vaqueros. While I had the dies out, I loaded some test rounds for my model 66 Yellowboy. Hope to test them out late next week. Depending on which load is the best, I might try to take a doe with the Yellowboy next weekend. We shall see.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I’m getting into shotgun reloading thanks to my good friend @retrieverman
IMG_6625.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was Friday. Layna my Godson's two-year-old wanted to help me sort brass. I sat a tub full in front of her and asked her to divide it into two other tubs just so she could help. After a few minutes of doing it a handful at a time, she started dumping it into the other tubs.
4979269057230843045.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first batch of 20 ga loads patterned well but printed way high, and since there’s no way to adjust the sights on that gun, I was about to abandon the project. However, I was chatting with @hunter966 offline a few minutes ago, and he suggested using a slower fps recipe to try to lower the point of impact.
I’ve got two loads to try tomorrow. One has 7.5 shot and other 6 shot that should be running about 1165 fps versus the 1300 fps of the first batch.
IMG_0411.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom