What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished full match prep (as I call it) on 250 cases of 416 Rem Mag. Hopefully I'll be getting supplies for 416 Taylor next week.
IMG20240225174352.jpg

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I’m having trouble finding large rifle primers I decided load up a few 7.62x39 rounds with large pistol primers. I loaded 10 with 23 grains of 844 and tried them. They worked great so I loaded up a little over 200. Apparently the firing pin protrusion on my SKS was enough to make up for them seating deeper. I should add that these are plinking rounds using cast polymer coated bullets. In my rifle they were doing a little over 1600fps

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your annealing set-up looks great!

I have always used a lead pot for annealing and get very uniform results...
Thanks! I will say that Bernzomatic torch is pretty banner for this --- it literally just lights off ever squeeze of the trigger. I had built a little spinny tray but didn't want to set it up so I went old school --- to the 1910's vice to hold the drill, a lee case holder in the drill and a gloved hand for the cases with a bowl of water below it to toss the hotties in. Left hand could pick up a case, right hand worked the torch and I probably did 100ish in an hour. Went surprisingly quick. Then hit them with the air compressor to get most of the water out and they'll sit in the sun for a couple hours tomorrow when it comes up.

I've experimented with a variety of different methods but this is the preferred one right now. Long term I'd like to invest in an AMP machine or one of the automated ones but it's just hard to justify the money when this goes fairly quick and I don't have to do it all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom