what happened to the rate the deal thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted that I would buy some 22 rifles that were listed by "ladyhawkeandwolf" evidently they were sold to another member - am not too surprised by the seller - it was her first post and she has no inkling as to the honorable way to sell here - however - someone from the membership bought them - they should be ashamed and maybe move on to somewhere where your word isn't worth anything - maybe as an Obama assistant -

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You knew that was going to be a cluster as soon as it got posted...while I get where you're coming from you cant be surprised by the outcome when someone posts something way under value. Honor goes out the window and people do what they can.
More deals will be out there...just keep your eyes peeled.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those were so far under value I figured it had to be a bogus thread. I was guessing it was someone else's phone # posted and their phone was melting down....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as I said - not surprised by the seller - was surprised by the member - money is not more important than everything else -
I had a bad feeling about that one from the get-go. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I thought it was a scam, and hope that no one gets taken in by a scammer. Furlong222, you may have lost out on a good deal, or you may have been prevented from adding to a scammer's ill-gotten gains.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted that I would buy some 22 rifles that were listed by "ladyhawkeandwolf" evidently they were sold to another member - am not too surprised by the seller - it was her first post and she has no inkling as to the honorable way to sell here - however - someone from the membership bought them - they should be ashamed and maybe move on to somewhere where your word isn't worth anything - maybe as an Obama assistant -

Caveat emptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep - considered that they might be stolen so I intended to ask for a DL and was going to get the tag number - I guess I'm just let down by the one that failed to honor my bid - don't need the guns but then, I have been casually looking for a nylon Remington for a few years....

its no loss to me other than disappointment in my fellow man....thought I had seen enough to not be surprised by that stuff....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you know uou didn't get beat by pm? Just because you were first to post in the thread doesn't mean you were first

A SOP SOMETIMES used by SOME people is that the first "I'll take it" posted openly in the WTS ad trumps all. A PM'ed offer isn't visible for all to see.

Edited for the benefit of those of you who need it...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom