What have you ALWAYS wanted to do for work, but now do something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
then I worked at gunword, I hated the store, but I LOVED the work I woke up happy everyday knowing that I got to go into that big candy store and fondle there guns for a living (if you can call what he paid a living) while carrying my own. it was the best and worst job ever.

I laughed when I saw this part of the post because I have been in there before even when it was Mashburn on eastern and always thought they probably carried guns because they were robbing the customer instead of the the other way around. And they don't want to be shot by the people they are holding up! :flamed:

hummerduude54

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always and still want to detail cars for a living but now I'm an electro-hydraulic engineer. Basically doing electrical panels for hydraulic equipment and drilling rigs.

Bahahahaha... detail cars..... seriously...... I thought I was the only one.

Each and every time I wash and detail my car I am in heaven, I have always wanted to do mobile detailing or something along that line.

Might get the chance to fulfill my dream since my current line of work isn't pAAning out like I had hoped... :)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was as they said in the movie..FAB.(Faked At Birth).
I loved playing football, but I wasnt big enough or fast enough..I just worked real hard at it.
Then an Old man took me under his wing and taught me to work, weld, build things...oil storage tanks and such.
I really liked building things, sense of acomplishment and such.
Then someone dared me, they told me that if I knew the rules and regulatios that I would know what I was doing.
I spent the next 6 years going to votech after work to learn the Rules, the next 25 building things.
Now my shoulders and back are giving out on me, so I put that knowledge to work.......
Im now a Code Enforcement Officer...Mechanical Inspector.
Thanks Old Man and Dude that challenged me....I have the knowledge to do what you were trying to teach me to do...Helping people to do the right thing...even if they dont think so..LOL

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted to be a cop.

I did at one time too. Until a NYPD officer with my name got shot on my 13th or 14th birthday. I took that as a sign, and police officers dont make much money for the BS they have to put up with and i am not a people person and alot of people think i have an attitude when i talk even when i dont. Such was my problem working in automotive at claremore wal-mart.

I also wanted to be a meteorologist but i had an 8th grade teacher that told me i wasnt good enough at math to be one, even though the computers do the work. I also wouldnt mind selling guns or being a gunsmith. I also would like to be an automotive mechanic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom