What have you ALWAYS wanted to do for work, but now do something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to school for pre-med because I wanted to be a pulmonologist. I figured growing up as a severe asthmatic, who better to be a pulmonologist than me? It seemed like I had a change of heart overnight, though. I went to bed excited for a future in pulmonology and woke up the next morning thinking "I want nothing to do with medicine". Money and education that, for the most part, went to waste.

Now I work in IT and I regret nothing.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to play professional baseball, from the time i was old enough to throw a baseball to the end of my college carreer. Then one day the world slaps you in the face and makes you realize that you just dont have the talent. I was good, but nowhere near that good. I thought those that cant, teach/coach, so i decided i would be a high school teacher/baseball coach. I decided shortly after i started that path that it just wasnt for me. I quit school and got my first full time job working for a heavy equipment company, the company that my dad works for. I was there a few short months and and was promoted to the warehouse manager position, and was promised further advancement opportunities in the not so distant future. Three years and miniscule pay raises later i was still stuck in the warehouse, with no advancement in sight and i HATED my job. I was having a child that year and i needed to find a better paying job so i could support my family, so i started looking. A good friend of mine was working in the oil patch and he was making great money, so i asked him to put in a good word for me. He came through and got me a job working with him. I started working for Schlumberger in November of 2009 and i havent looked back. I truly enjoy my job and i am paid well for what i do. i dont know yet if this is the lifelong career i want, but for now i am happy. In the future i would like to possibly find a job as a frac consultant.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wanted to be a photographer. I got a bachelor's degree in a related field and worked as a commercial photographer for about 8 years after school. Strangely around the end of 2007 I ended up in a project that would lead to my changing careers.

I'll graduate in July with a bachelor's degree in nursing and I'll probably continue my education with a master's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom