What is going rates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
for hunting lease per acre on average? I cant find much info on this. What do you guys that lease right now pay if you dont mind sharing. Thanks.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have a hard time paying anything above $15/acre. For me, it depends on topography and access. I like to find leases where the landowner allows year round access and recreation and sometimes that means paying up in the $15 range. Currently we pay about $7 divided by 3 hunters so I guess I personally pay a little over $2 per acre. Landowner is very flexible and lets us come down and camp, fish, ride atv's, etc whenever we want.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK this helps me alot. So far, ranges from 3-15 from poor to good hunting. I looked up some on craigslist, they were mostly 10 and up and none said they were on the river and none were close to 3 per acre either. What if a place is on a river? Would that be a plus? And cost more?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK this helps me alot. So far, ranges from 3-15 from poor to good hunting. I looked up some on craigslist, they were mostly 10 and up and none said they were on the river and none were close to 3 per acre either. What if a place is on a river? Would that be a plus? And cost more?
river bottom can be very productive

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just lost a 900acre spot on the river and it was under 4 per acre.... geographical location means nothing if it doesnt have good deer and just because its on a river doent mean it does. the most expensive places we lease are out west and some are nothing but CRP fields or just open tall grass/weeds but the area has big bucks, 150inch is common, and thats what we pay for....500 acres of wooded river bottom with crops with little and few deer is not worth as much as 120acre of weeds that has a lot of deer and big deer.... u need to do some research on areas.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a renter paying $5000/year/hunter for a section (640a) in pawnee county. been renting for 3 years now, the only guy on the place, and hasn't even seen or taken trail cam pics of a decent deer. Spent 45 days hunting last year and only shot does. Poor rich guy...
Land is worth what someone is willing to pay.
Only way to know is to get out there and check it out. Plan for the long term, don't sign a lease you may not be able to pay for next year. it takes a lot of money above the lease price and a ton of time to make a good deer lease. It's really a waste of money to put in the effort to figure a place out to only get to hunt it one year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom