What is up with Tulsa Co Sheriff's Dept??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sheriff's office sent me to the TPD to get the background check. Actually, another CCL applicant told me that I'd need a certain form, how to get it, where to go in the courthouse to see the appropriate TPD office, etc. Saved my wife and me a bunch of time.

Too bad the TCSO's office wasn't up front about all that...

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had to have the city of collinsville run a records check on me and then go back tcso. And from
What I understand it's just a Tulsa county thing.

I live in Broken Arrow but reside in Wagoner county... The nice lady at the WCSO gladly accepted my 25 dollar money order and sent me on my way... :woot:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The TCSO will directly process those individuals who live in certain cities within Tulsa County. Those residing in other Tulsa County cities get to pull the sheriff's form off the OSBI website and start with their local law enforcement entity. Your SDA instructor should know which is which.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The TCSO will directly process those individuals who live in certain cities within Tulsa County. Those residing in other Tulsa County cities get to pull the sheriff's form off the OSBI website and start with their local law enforcement entity. Your SDA instructor should know which is which.

I AM an SDA instructor and I received no info regarding this situation from OSBI or CLEET.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that there were some politics in play that resulted in the Tulsa County Sheriff's office not having access to some city systems....resulting in them not being able to actually do the background check, so they have no choice but to send folks to thier respective PDs first.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that there were some politics in play that resulted in the Tulsa County Sheriff's office not having access to some city systems....resulting in them not being able to actually do the background check, so they have no choice but to send folks to thier respective PDs first.

IF that is the allegation then it is not the real reason because they have access to Tulsa's system and one person here has said they were told to go to TPD.

I have my own suspicions as to what this is really about but my paranoia is well known.:rollingla

Michael Brown

Bill of Rights

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I got checked at TPD then TCSO. CCW class at USSA told us it would be this way.

I'm really curious to figure why this is. Half the people in the lobby at TCSO got sent away to go get local PD checks. I called ahead to make sure I had everything before I drove down there, but could just as easily consulted the SDA instructions and had the same problem (had the CCW instructor not warned us).

Latest posts

Top Bottom