What is your favorite snuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandpa started me out on Days Work plug when I was 15. Baseball in high school and legion ball was Red Man and Beechnut. Never chewed after that until my 30's.
Skoal was my choice after that. I could chew it at work and never spit. Quit that in 1989.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dipped for over 35 years. Always a skoal man. Gave it up about 8 years ago. Hardest thing I ever did. Still crave it everyday. Powerful stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redman. Not for me as I never chewed but it was so much fun to shred some green persimmon and mix in with a friends Redman when he would leave it laying around. The fun was watching him try to spit with his mouth all puckered.

Teach him to spit down the side of my truck. :finger:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my grandmothers dipped Garrett Snuff when I was little. I used to keep stuff in the little metal cans.

I remember Garrett! Came in the little sliver cans and in funny shaped brown bottles with a cork. Never was a Garrett man - lol!!!
My Granny used the same snuff. Some of it came in little glasses with a silver tin lid. We used the glasses as a milk glass. I still have one of those glasses as a keepsake.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I kicked the habit about 6 years ago. Nerves still go haywire when anyone opens a can of Copenhagen around me . If I am having a drink while working on something around the house I will still find myself wishing I had a can!! Devils dirt indeed!!!

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cope long cut for me. Occasionally skoal citrus when it gets real hot and I have to mow. Keep it in the fridge, goes real well with cold beer. Tried that bulk brand once, where you get a pound tub of it and an empty can to pack, but I'd keep pulling inch long strips out of my teeth.
I bought bulk once also - never again. I began binge dipping! Enormous cowboy size dips! From dawn to dusk till it was all gone!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Granny used the same snuff. Some of it came in little glasses with a silver tin lid. We used the glasses as a milk glass. I still have one of those glasses as a keepsake.
Yep I remember the Superior unflavored snuff came in a free glass with a metal lid.
The little old ladies used them for drinking glasses.
I never saw them used for anything but water but you never know (and kids didn't ask their elders too many questions back then).

Latest posts

Top Bottom