What Is Your Longest Solo Road Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread got me interested in the long hauls people have done over the years. A lot of older couples (retired) really put on some miles! It's sad when the old guy is gone, but the widows often keep the spirit of the road alive, pretty impressive. Google "mature woman solo" and you'll see some fascinating stories.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t solo but I did all the driving. Edmond to Durango with only fuel stops a dozen times or so.
Brother and I did edmond to Albuquerque in 1995 on cycles in July. That was a miserable day.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, that I-35 to I-45 merge/exit in Dallas sucks. Done Ponca City to Lake Jackson a few times. Corpus Christi to Ponca City is the most I've driven in one day. +/-700 miles.

I keep pushing for a great American road trip family vacation, but nobody else is on board haha. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit it solo on a Goldwing.
Any time you have to go through Dallas sucks. But once I figured out the crossover between I-35 and I-45 (exit 429A on I-35) it got a little easier. Going all the way down to I-30 to cross over is a demo derby.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one (or call it two) within the next few months. At some point next month, we head out to do our Summer job in Oregon and will need to drive from the Tulsa area to Salem, OR to start with to certify the work van with Oregon's DOT. That is around 2000 miles, and after we finish the work up there, we will be driving back, and it will be the same distance because we have to certify again in Salem when we finish our work. (Just for giggles, the work up there will involve roughly 5800 miles to be "surveyed.")
In 1 shot?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
twice I rode on 2 wheels from OKC to just north of Glacier Park, Montana (The road to the sun) and dipped into Canada and back to OKC in 10 days. 4,450 miles.

Back in the day, 1996
1714079024709.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom