What's on Your Bucket List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find a cabin on a major river and stay there fishing and hunting for a couple years or maybe more. That is the only one thing I would truly like to do. I've seen alot of this country and the states I haven't been to I have no desire to go. I grew up on a river and then moved to a major lake. I now live in one the driest places I ever lived. What they call a river here is just shy of a creek. Those days on the river were some of my fondest memories.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we don't "do" bucket lists, the wife and I did complete something I had been wanting to do for several years. This past month, we had a 3-week vacation in Utah and Arizona, so we took in the last of the national parks in Utah. We had done Arches, Bryce Canyon, and Zion in the past, so this year we visited all 5 of the parks there, including Capitol Reef and the Island in the Sky and Needles districts of Canyonlands National Park.

Ever since I was a kid, I've also wanted to see the Painted Desert in Arizona. I had seen a Disney movie back then by the title of Painted Desert and have been intrigued. Since the Painted Desert is part of the Petrified Forest National Park, we got to check out both of those parts of that park.

Lots of photos taken in that 3 weeks.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spend some time in a big ole house in the Philippines.
Built it 15 years ago and have never spent a night in it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spend some time in a big ole house in the Philippines.
Built it 15 years ago and have never spent a night in it.

^^^^Ok, I'm gonna need some background on this one. lol

So, we have a long bucket list, we started it before we got married. Small things like smoking a Cuban cigar, to large things like visiting the Coliseum in Rome (did that a couple years ago). Literally hundreds of things on there.

@druryj's idea of the cross-continental train ride is a good one.

We spent a few days when my son was 2 months old traveling around Austria and Italy by train. It was incredible. One of the best ways to see tons of amazing scenery. The Austrian Alps took my breath away. I want to take my son on a similar trip now that he can remember it. Taking him to Italy 2y ago is still one of the highlights of his life, seeing his face standing in the Sistine Chapel was worth every penny.

I've got to get back to traveling... this 'Rona stuff is killing me.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F102D129-9A35-4FA7-9E74-20AB723097BF.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^Ok, I'm gonna need some background on this one. lol

So, we have a long bucket list, we started it before we got married. Small things like smoking a Cuban cigar, to large things like visiting the Coliseum in Rome (did that a couple years ago). Literally hundreds of things on there.

@druryj's idea of the cross-continental train ride is a good one.

We spent a few days when my son was 2 months old traveling around Austria and Italy by train. It was incredible. One of the best ways to see tons of amazing scenery. The Austrian Alps took my breath away. I want to take my son on a similar trip now that he can remember it. Taking him to Italy 2y ago is still one of the highlights of his life, seeing his face standing in the Sistine Chapel was worth every penny.

I've got to get back to traveling... this 'Rona stuff is killing me.
Seeing the Sistine Chapel is definitely on my list.

Several years ago my work took me to Israel. While there, I had the opportunity to visit the Holy Trinity Cathedral and St. James Cathedral Church. I'm not the most religious person around, but to be there, and to take in all of that history was something I'll never forget.

Also, I won't ever forget working our way south of Jerusalem, we got a little to close to the Gaza Strip and were turned around by a UN vehicle, with several tanks visible about 1/4 mile further down the road. Yeah, that one made me pucker up a little bit.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.eSpend 6 months in Mongolia living among the native people and ride the Steep with a golden eagle on my arm and catch w olvs, rabbits and deer with it.
2. Go to the outback in Australia for a year and experience all there seasons working on a cattle station.
3. Go out on the wagon with the Haythorns in Nebraska and work calves for 90 days.4. Go back to Argentina for a Cast and Blast trip catching dorado, shooting dove, ducks and a huge red stag.
5. Shoot and be competitive at the Grand Fitasc.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
I'm only being semi-sarcastic here, but I have always wondered what it would be like to sit as a guest in a yurt among a bunch of stinky horse people whose language I don't even speak eating a sheep eye ball. I like to think I could do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom