What's on Your Bucket List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plain and Simple: What are your top 4-6 items in your Bucket List: Give a reason why if you care to.

For me, here are some of the items on my bucket list. I will preface this with my desire to travel outside the USA has severely deminished the last 5-10 years.

1. RV Trip throughout the US taking 5-6 months. I want to see everything. New England in the fall during crab season, Blueridge Parkway in the late Summer

2. RV Trip during College Football season in the SEC and the South. Really want to attend tailgating parties for LSA, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and several other schools. I just have a facination with those schools tailgating parties I've always heard of. I want to set it up to travel to 3-5 games in one season and also get tickets to the games themselves.

3. Alaska: I spent 4 days in Seward Alaska doing a Salmon fishing trip and my parents did three weeks in various fishing camps and other adventures thoughout much of Alaska. I want to spend about a month traveling by RV and hotel. I want to do a lot of fishing and also tourist stuff.

4. New Caledonia: For the past 20 years I've had an itch to visit the island for vacation. I love the topical aspect as well as the gambling offered on the island. To me it's just a nice and different location to go compared to traditional vacation destinations.

5. Bucket list that is most important to me and one of my biggest goals is to own own a small ranch/property/10-20 acres in the state of Montana. This wouldn't be a full time residence but for 6-8 months a year.

6. Fredrickburg, TX. This awesome town in the hill country of Texas is scheduled ot be right in the middle of the path of the Solar Eclipse in 2024. We drove through there this last Summer but were unable to make a visit but it seemed like a beautiful quaint little town and had a lot to offer with sights, shops and things to do. I have a lot of regret missing the last big solar eclipes several years ago that pasted through the western US and really want to see it in 2024. The next big one after that is many years down the line.

There are a lot of placed on this green planet i want to visit. I'm a big believer that most of the world hates Americans (Personally I say phuck'em and wish bad things upon them). With this i have put on hold a lot of placed that would like to visit based on friends recommentations and past visits by them.

Down the line when I'm older and maybe if the world settles down I can feel comfortable visiting Europe, Istanbol, Turkey, UAE, Maldives and Scandinavia. Yes, I'm extra paranoid.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Travel bucket list ---

#! Follow the entire F1 season in person. My Dad has been to several of the tracks in Europe and Australia, said it was a "hoot".

#2 To experience Macchu Pichu in Peru. I'd like to do the trip that takes a week to hike into the site.

#3 To experience the Nurbergring Track in a really fast car. The videos are amazing.

#4 To experience the world's largest cave, Hang Son Doong in Vietnam. I've been in most of the caves in the US.

I just like the adventure of something/someplace new. I even think that I'd like to do one of the 'mystery vacations'.....you don't know where you're going until you get to the airport.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plain and Simple: What are your top 4-6 items in your Bucket List: Give a reason why if you care to.

For me, here are some of the items on my bucket list. I will preface this with my desire to travel outside the USA has severely deminished the last 5-10 years.

1. RV Trip throughout the US taking 5-6 months. I want to see everything. New England in the fall during crab season, Blueridge Parkway in the late Summer

2. RV Trip during College Football season in the SEC and the South. Really want to attend tailgating parties for LSA, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and several other schools. I just have a facination with those schools tailgating parties I've always heard of. I want to set it up to travel to 3-5 games in one season and also get tickets to the games themselves.

3. Alaska: I spent 4 days in Seward Alaska doing a Salmon fishing trip and my parents did three weeks in various fishing camps and other adventures thoughout much of Alaska. I want to spend about a month traveling by RV and hotel. I want to do a lot of fishing and also tourist stuff.

4. New Caledonia: For the past 20 years I've had an itch to visit the island for vacation. I love the topical aspect as well as the gambling offered on the island. To me it's just a nice and different location to go compared to traditional vacation destinations.

5. Bucket list that is most important to me and one of my biggest goals is to own own a small ranch/property/10-20 acres in the state of Montana. This wouldn't be a full time residence but for 6-8 months a year.

6. Fredrickburg, TX. This awesome town in the hill country of Texas is scheduled ot be right in the middle of the path of the Solar Eclipse in 2024. We drove through there this last Summer but were unable to make a visit but it seemed like a beautiful quaint little town and had a lot to offer with sights, shops and things to do. I have a lot of regret missing the last big solar eclipes several years ago that pasted through the western US and really want to see it in 2024. The next big one after that is many years down the line.

There are a lot of placed on this green planet i want to visit. I'm a big believer that most of the world hates Americans (Personally I say phuck'em and wish bad things upon them). With this i have put on hold a lot of placed that would like to visit based on friends recommentations and past visits by them.

Down the line when I'm older and maybe if the world settles down I can feel comfortable visiting Europe, Istanbul, Turkey, UAE, Maldives and Scandinavia. Yes, I'm extra paranoid.
For whatever reason like cleaning up from the latest Ice storm, I missed this.
I think your travel itinerary and ours could be travel buddies. We are enjoying the RV lifestyle currently. Not full time but 6+ months out of the year currently. Come home in the spring for crappie season and home in the fall for deer season.
We have developed a close knit group of RV owners some of which are full time and some part time like us.
We meet all over the country, sometimes a week at a time and then on about our ways.
A group of 6 couples will be meeting shortly in Missouri. All great Republican gun owning 2A supporters. Some fish, some hunt, some have harly's in tow, some don't do either but we all have developed a great friendship.
We will be doing the leaf peeper tour from Maine to the Carolinas in the future as well as touring the great North West. All the RV buds planning to meet in Montana during August at a little bar called the sip and dip https://ohairemotorinn.com/sip-n-dip/ that has real mermaids to celebrate one full time couple's 5 years on the road anniversary.
No overseas travel for us currently as I'm not flying with a fawking mask.
Tahiti, New Zealand, maybe back to Thailand for trips in the future. We have enough air miles built up to pay for the trip on our CC.
We have discussed your #5 many times. We came to the conclusion with the RV travels that after a month or two in one spot, your bored with everything because you've been there and done it. There are lots of cabins all over the country for sale because of that. We want new experiences every year.
Alaska is a whole different deal. Don't think I could ever get bored with summers there. Winters and summers in the South of the state like Ketchikan are milder than the same seasons in Oklahoma, but they get something like 17 feet of rain a year. I know a guy that moved there and he will never leave. Been there twice.
Met one RV'r that has a goal to visit every MLB team and attend one of their games across the country. You will find most serious RV'rs have goals. One in our group that is full time has two goals. Wife's goal is to visit every national park in the US and get her book signed. Her husbands goal is to visit the oldest bar in every state. When they came to Ok we took them to Lucille's for chicken and a beer.
Great lifestyle to follow. If I can offer any suggestions about RV's or whatever contact myself or @TerryMiller.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. See all the crooked politicians actually have to pay for their crimes. (yeah i know never gonna happen)
2. Buy a brand new truck
3. Own a S&W Registered Magnum
4. Go to Ireland

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would really like to see Banff National Park. I'd like to see Greenland. See Northern England and Scotland, the Nordic countries. Japan in Spring. Rent an RV and a bunch of cycles for a dingo fence trip through Australia. Stepping foot on Antarctica would be pretty killer for a few nights. Peacock fishing in the Amazon. Bonefish in Bahamas. Have a meal at White Horse Tavern in RI, serving food in the same place since 1673. No shortage of dream destinations for me.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take some serious motorcycle riding courses to prepare me for 2 of my top bucket list items.
1. Ride The Tail of the Dragon at a relatively fast pace without ending up in the tree of shame

2. Take a months long motorcycle trip throughout Europe with a couple of trips around the Nurburgring.

3. Move out of the freaking city and onto 20+ (preferably 40+) acres so I can have plenty of room for a gun range and other activities.

4. Be able to actually retire before I die.

5. Lose enough weight so that I can actually enjoy those previous bucket list items.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Spend 6 months in Mongolia living among the native people and ride the Steep with a golden eagle on my arm and catch wolves, rabbits and deer with it.
2. Go to the outback in Australia for a year and experience all there seasons working on a cattle station.
3. Go out on the wagon with the Haythorns in Nebraska and work calves for 90 days.4. Go back to Argentina for a Cast and Blast trip catching dorado, shooting dove, ducks and a huge red stag.
5. Shoot and be competitive at the Grand Fitasc.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom