What's on Your Bucket List?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take some serious motorcycle riding courses to prepare me for 2 of my top bucket list items.
1. Ride The Tail of the Dragon at a relatively fast pace without ending up in the tree of shame

2. Take a months long motorcycle trip throughout Europe with a couple of trips around the Nurburgring.

3. Move out of the freaking city and onto 20+ (preferably 40+) acres so I can have plenty of room for a gun range and other activities.

4. Be able to actually retire before I die.

5. Lose enough weight so that I can actually enjoy those previous bucket list items.
Well, I've at least succeeded in one of these bucket list items. Losing 110+ pounds makes it physically more possible to do the others. Financially, not so much. Although, losing that weight will afford me the opportunity this summer to do one of my other bucket list items and that is to go sky diving. Which I plan on doing this summer when a couple of my friends and I go to Vegas to celebrate our 50th birthdays this year.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've at least succeeded in one of these bucket list items. Losing 110+ pounds makes it physically more possible to do the others. Financially, not so much. Although, losing that weight will afford me the opportunity this summer to do one of my other bucket list items and that is to go sky diving. Which I plan on doing this summer when a couple of my friends and I go to Vegas to celebrate our 50th birthdays this year.
Good for you! I am trying to lose weight too but having much less luck. Does not help that while some of my meds will help with weight loss, others increase weight. So I yo-yo a lot depending on which med they have increased and which they have decreased.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still would. I'd love to spend a week on each side of the border and observe for myself what the situation is.
No ****. I often wonder what "negotiations" look like between 2 parties with an unabiding hatred for each other looks like. Because I know, from personal experience, that you just can't reason with some people. 🙋

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you! I am trying to lose weight too but having much less luck. Does not help that while some of my meds will help with weight lose, others increase weight. So I yo-yo a lot depending on which med they have increased and which they have decreased.
Well, I'll freely admit I "cheated" to lose the weight. Or, at least that's how some people view it. I had gastric sleeve surgery to get my weight under control. At nearly 50 years old and being obese at least 40 of those, I had to make a change. It's worked fairly well for me, although I really want to lose about another 30 pounds just to be at the weight I'd prefer to be at. But if I don't, I'm still much better off than I was a couple years ago.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'll freely admit I "cheated" to lose the weight. Or, at least that's how some people view it. I had gastric sleeve surgery to get my weight under control. At nearly 50 years old and being obese at least 40 of those, I had to make a change. It's worked fairly well for me, although I really want to lose about another 30 pounds just to be at the weight I'd prefer to be at. But if I don't, I'm still much better off than I was a couple years ago.
Congratulations on losing the weight. It’s all about your health and extending your life. It doesn’t matter how you do it as long as you do it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No ****. I often wonder what "negotiations" look like between 2 parties with an unabiding hatred for each other looks like. Because I know, from personal experience, that you just can't reason with some people. 🙋
Jonathan Swift Quote: “You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom