What job do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up at the egg farm south of Papa New Deli. After building a log cabin with my bare hands that I was later concieved, and born in, my feet hit the ground in a world mired in politico's and televangelist. After a brief stint in the foreign legion I took up 6 string picolo bass and made my way across the country side eventually ending up in a commune of mildly depressed nun's, a few migrant laborers and a newt. After honing my numb chuking ability and escaping to the far reaches of Oklahoma I decided to settle in for the long haul and become a professor of logical thinking an oft forgotten art in my current traverse. Oh yeah I had a hand in building the first chair leg and perfecting the art of the one hand double hucklebuck takedown manuever not to be confused with the Greenfield surrender position.

Impressive, But would have thought you squeesed in some time to work with the peace corp. :bigeye:

oyousooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Guys and Gals for all your replies. I really like this board and thought this might be fun to know what everybody does. For the ones who asked about things I have seen, you would not believe some of them, but can't really talk about things like that. I really like my job, but never knew sitting at a desk, looking at multiple monitors all day could make me more tired than on my feet all day.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an independent user experience / user interfaces designer, graphic designer, and mobile apps designer.

I used to be the art director of new products in audience development at OPUBCO and have been involved with a lot of major, publicly visible projects while I was there.

I was responsible for leading the design team for the last major redesign of NewsOK.com with the Creative Director. Although there were compromises in it, I'm still very proud of it and it's won some major awards and has pushed NewsOK.com up in the same category of some of the bigger online news brands.

Also, I was also one of three guys who created and worked on the product that is now known as Wimgo (for better or worse). I designed the initial prototype, had a hand in the initial monetization strategies behind the brand and the logo. I've also worked on various other projects while I was at OPUBCO and also experimented with mobile apps and designing products for alternative media.

I creative directed the design and branding for the Heat Pary that was at the Coca-Cola event center 2 years ago. Budweiser funded about $250,000 for a party that was invite only. I co-directed the music video for the event, and was in charge of the creative vision behind the brand and the design.

I was also the designer of the "Strong and Healthy Oklahoma" book that was published a couple of years ago. Some of you may have seen or received this.

I'm independent now and am currently working as a consultant and designer for a medical billings, transcriptions, transcriptions, ect type super portal / web app called Fuzion. Once this is over, I have another potential contract with Microsoft that is still in the works.

I am one of the founders of the Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative (okcCoCo) located at 723 N. Hudson Ave OKC.

Lastly, I'm a bit of a serial entrepreneur and currently working on my own startup with 2 other developers. It involves beer and the internet. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom