Fakebook is down! Oohh Noooes!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do find it interesting that it had some characteristics of the AT&T outage, almost a week to the day:

1) Complete system was not down, only to a significant amount of users
2) Not down for the complete day, just a portion of it.
3) "Server" issue, not significant that the servers were involved, but will they come out and say "a bad update."

Facebook and A&T are both known for government cooperation. I think this was a hack and they both are lying. What will go down in a similar manner next week? X.com, Amazon? A Bank?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still use a desktop computer, very rarely carry my old flip phone, don't know how to text and never have done any of the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, X.com etc stuff and have no intentions to start.

My granddaughter in the Army called me from Romania last Friday, on the I-Phone my DIL / her mom gave me a couple of years ago that I don't use, and offered to teach me how to text while we were on the Facetime call and I politely passed on the offer....I've never initiated one of the calls but I will admit that I like the Facetime calls, being able to actually see family while talking is pretty nice.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still use a desktop computer, very rarely carry my old flip phone, don't know how to text and never have done any of the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, X.com etc stuff and have no intentions to start.

My granddaughter in the Army called me from Romania last Friday, on the I-Phone my DIL / her mom gave me a couple of years ago that I don't use, and offered to teach me how to text while we were on the Facetime call and I politely passed on the offer....I've never initiated one of the calls but I will admit that I like the Facetime calls, being able to actually see family while talking is pretty nice.
I used to hate texting but now prefer it to talking on the phone, but I absolutely refuse to facetime. In your situation, I can see where it’s nice, but I don’t really care to see anyone that calls me. :rolleyes2

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know OSA has this weird dusty vagina thing about social media while not acknowledging OSA is social media as well.... but......

For better or for worse, there are a TON of conservative and Gun Groups on FB. I get they have their chitty gun stance, I get they have their lack of free speech stance, or political stances. However, inadvertently, they have to be one of the largest avenues for firearm information or even conservative information. Youtube as well.

Just some groups I frequent

Donald Trump Is Our President 167K members
President Donald J. Trump Supporters 79K members
President Donald J. Trump Supporters Group 2024! 55K members

I could post the gun groups but hopefully the point is moot by now?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2449.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom