What kind of gun safe do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in an old mobile home,,,
The floor simply won't take the weight of a safe.

I suppose I could have gone under the trailer,,,
And built some sort of support pillar,,,
But I didn't have the resources.

I use a Stack-On 2-door gun cabinet,,,
Bolted to the wall and floor.

There's an alarm that I built into it,,,
I forgot about it one time,,,
Only once I tell you.

Aarond

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why get a safe when you can get a vault?
1704212460481.png

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agree on the bigger. Had a Champion from 15 years ago. Loved it but outgrew it. Newer one is bigger but lost some quality. My next one will be a fort Knox.
Lots of choices that will work fine if they are bolted down. Mainly just keeping out the regular thieves. Can't keep out anyone that has plenty of time or resources.
Safes/locks are illusions of security, keeping out kids and the terminally stupid. Best safe is one which no one finds to attempt breaching. Get the best, largest safe you can afford. Then, hide it so no one finds it to attempt the breech. A false wall/door works well. Protect the top, sides, and back, which are easier to breach than the door, so intruder doesn't have easy access with a grinder. Use a dummy "gun box" of thin sheet metal.......Stack-On, et el....located where an intruder will find with little effort. Put several cheap, throw-away guns with leaded barrels in the box. Intruder will breach the dummy box, grab the cheap, inoperative guns, and split....never finding the good stuff to even attempt the breach. This technique has saved guns for several friends, relatives.

Chris Hayes

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
>I bet that was a batch to move in. My Steelwater weighed 1300# and took 3 big guys with an extra large >dolly to move it.

Nah. I put the trailer right in front of the garage door. Crane setup in the street. He picked it off the trailer and set it right down at garage door. Rolled it in and used rolling floor jack to take the wheels off. Cake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom