What should i do about this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockman25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok here is the story...
Last week i was driving alongside i35 access road and a guy was cutting grass for a gas station on the corner with a riding lawnmower. I hear a loud pop, pull over and sure enough my car was hit with a rock from the lawnmower. So i talk to the guy and he says his insurance wont cover it. Now i doubt he even has insurance but all i was able to get from him was a business card with his company name and number. Now he told me to call him and get a quote and he will pay for it but i have tried and im sure he isnt answering my number. What should i do?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoulda called the cops, man... now it's your word against his. I'd file small claims court against him, but it's gonna be he said/she said. Only evidence you've got is that he gave you his card. Still worth a shot, for a few hundred bucks, if you ask me. Maybe the court will hit him with some punitive damages, knowing he was farging stupid enough to be riding a riding mower on a public street without turning off the blades!!!!! Coulda hit someone in the head or face and caused some serious injuries. This douche needs to know he didn't "get away with one".

I got beaned at work one day with a rock the size of a golfball thrown from one of those stand-up riding mowers... right below the knee. It dropped me to the ground and I seriously thought I had something broken for a few seconds. Miraculously, all the Mexicans running all the power lawn equipment at Hillcrest at that very moment decided they needed to be somewhere else, on a break or something. They literally disappeared in like 3 seconds flat! Luckily I was ok and only had a slight limp for the rest of the day...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a hold of him, don't bother with providing him an estimate and asking him to pay. Just ask him for the name of his carrier and file a claim yourself. If they won't cover the loss, they still need to file a claim and send you a letter denying coverage for the loss.

But honestly, I would just file a small claim suit and get it over with that way. Use the info you have on the card and have him (well, the business, more properly) served at that name and address. You can recover the nominal filing costs in your claim for damages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom