What sound do you make?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fire 3 rapid shots into the ground and yell I'm over here and you need to find someplace else to hunt! Now I'm just kidding fellows. I don't really yell after I fire the 3 rapid shots.

Seriously I just whistle the bob white call and wave my hand so they can see me.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always the weisenheimers.... :laughup:

When you're right you're right. One thing that scares game is the sound of the someone talking.

I once shot and killed a coyote as it came down a trail. I thought the sound of that shot would have ruined any chance of a buck coming down the trail. Well as is often is the case I was wrong. Less than 20 minutes later I shot a good 8 pointer which not only came down the trail but came within 10 yards of the dead coyote. He was looking at the coyote when I dropped him.

I later regretted shooting that nice 8 pointer because the next time I hunted there for a doe (since I had filled my buck tag) I was stillhunting when I heard a deer walking down a trail toward me so I knelt down and waited. It was the biggest 12 point typical I'd ever seen alive. It stopped within 10 yards of me knowing I didn't belong there but still not sure what I was. It didn't take it long to decide it better disappear. So I sure regretted taking that nice 8 pointer.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once shot and killed a coyote as it came down a trail. I thought the sound of that shot would have ruined any chance of a buck coming down the trail. Well as is often is the case I was wrong. Less than 20 minutes later I shot a good 8 pointer which not only came down the trail but came within 10 yards of the dead coyote. He was looking at the coyote when I dropped him.

I later regretted shooting that nice 8 pointer because the next time I hunted there for a doe (since I had filled my buck tag) I was stillhunting when I heard a deer walking down a trail toward me so I knelt down and waited. It was the biggest 12 point typical I'd ever seen alive. It stopped within 10 yards of me knowing I didn't belong there but still not sure what I was. It didn't take it long to decide it better disappear. So I sure regretted taking that nice 8 pointer.
If you wouldn't have shot the 8pt, you never would have seen that 12pt! That's my luck at least.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

"Where you goin' city boy?"

Or...

ai44.tinypic.com_2agk94x.gif

"You're gonna do some prayin' fer me, boy."

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wouldn't have shot the 8pt, you never would have seen that 12pt! That's my luck at least.

I have to admit that I really wanted to pull the trigger on that 12 pointer but knew it would go against everything I believe. In difficult situations and temptations what you do next reflects what you believe. I look at the rack of that 8 pointer and am thankful for it and the memory of a great hunt but I don't regret doing the right thing and letting the 12 pointer go his way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom