What the Colorado shooting says to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From time to time I read stuff on this forum that just makes me shake my head, but I feel the OP in this one deserves some sort of award.

The post begins by claiming there were no heros in the theater in Colorado and then progresses to stashing LPKs and stripped lowers. Eventually he moves on to 9/11 and flight 93. Maybe I'm lost on this one and someone else can help me make sense of it.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you would probably be faced down and pissing yourself.

Yup. I would be, and I'm puss enough to admit it. Not to say that I wouldn't try to do something, but my money is on Pee-pants.

We can be internet-rambo's all we want, but no amount of back-seat driving brings back the 12 that were lost.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Geez, some of your Monday morning QB'ing is full of douche. Nobody knows what they would do, armed or unarmed, in the same situation. It was a dark auditorium, full of chaos, in a death tunnel scenario, while under gunfire and tear gas attack, etc. Has anyone ever tried to exit a theatre row when it is completely sold out? You're not getting anywhere quick. Add in the chaos factor with everyone trying to save their own skin. Good luck with trying to do ANYTHING effective unless you're in the first row of the theatre. Some of you would probably be faced down and pissing yourself. To automatically "know" that you would have jumped up and been Billy Badass, is both ignorance and interweb gun forum commando talk. We lost 12 innocents in this tragedy (along with dozens injured), with several of them being our nation's warriors. Show some respect and wait for all the facts to come out before shooting off your mouth about how badass you would have been, and how cowardly these victims were.

Best post in this thread. Well said gsarg.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I giggle like a schoolgirl at the number of armchair bada$$es on OK Shooter. Though I would have been armed, I also would have been sitting in the middle row in the middle section or back in the theater. With the seats so close together and the theater full I wouldn't have been able to go anywhere, including to the ground. Let's face it, there's just no room to maneuver unless you have an isle seat. Fish in a barrel, that's what those poor people were.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something else I dont think people are catching....this happened in about 3-4 minutes.
With the first LEO responders arriving about 90 seconds after it was over.
The guy came from behind/beside the screen ...threw in the gas cannister(s)...started shooting...reloaded ..once?...turned around and was caught in the back by his car where the other weapons were found.
Thats not really a timeline to be ...thinking about ....what should I do?
Nobody ..expects ....these things to happen...are ...shocked by them.
But what can you expect from a society that has been taught not to resist, by an entity that wont allow you to protect you and your Family.
No Heroes?...This wasnt a place for Heroes ...it was Familys out to the movies.
Now, We, can talk about what We, are going to do to protect our Familys, and Pray for those that cant anymore.

F

fredkrueger

I too can say what I would do but I wasn't there so I really don't know what I would have done. I would have been so scared that I would probably just laid on the floor under the seats. Covering my family of course. Its easy to say that I would have pulled my glock out and unloaded it at him but the reality is that I wasn't nor have I ever been in that kind of a situation. Hopefully none of us are ever in this kind of situation.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point with the post was not to insult the victims of a terrible trajedy. My point is that a motivated person could have made a difference. Like twoguns said so well:
But what can you expect from a society that has been taught not to resist, by an entity that wont allow you to protect you and your Family.

Dad leaves 4 month son and family behind in Colorado theater shooting

[Patricia suffered a minor bullet wound, but both children and Jamie were unharmed – Jamie due in part to the fact that he bolted from the theater, leaving Patricia to fend for herself and their two children.

Meanwhile, a 19-year-old named Jarell Brooks was helping his Jamie’s family escape, and he got shot in the leg in the process. Jarell told ABC News “At the end of the aisle, I ran into a woman. She yelled, ‘My kids!’ and I saw she had two young kids with her. I made sure they got in the aisle and pushed behind her to make sure she got out of there.]

The first story, a dad leaving his family behind to save himself? Sorry if I offend people here but that man is definitely a coward.

The second person could easily be considered a hero, putting someone else ahead of yourself is always honorable.

To be frank, the numerous comments from guys here "i'd be in the fetal position craping myself" really surprise me here. If you people do not want to defend yourself or seriously believe that you would freeze in panic or otherwise be unwilling or able in a real life situation such as this, then please dont carry a gun anymore. Yours is just another gun for the bad guys to take away and use against others.

The point is think, prepare, and be willing and able to act when the time is upon you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom