What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
78 Thunderbird (302 V8)
I had (technically, still have) a '78 T-Bird with the mighty 351M. Unfortunately, it had lived a hard life before I bought it, and it used almost as much oil as gasoline.

As for which was coolest, I dunno. They were all cool to me in some way, although I'm sure that opinion wouldn't be held by most--then again, I don't actually give a flip about their opinions, anyway.

Most people would probably say it was my '66 Galaxie 500 2-door (390 4bbl, three-onna-tree), '89 T-Bird SC (3.8SC, 5-speed 3-pedal), or '78 Triumph Spitfire. I'd probably throw my two Lincoln LSes into the mix; it's a seriously underappreciated car.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1976 Chevy Malibu Classic.

1706162231781.png

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The twin turbo Mustang GT I have right now. Docile enough for my wife to drive if she keeps her foot out of the gas. Comfortable enough to drive to Dallas or most anywhere else and has run 9.8s at 152mph. Hopefully get it in to the low 9s with a decent 60ft and maybe a little more boost later this year. My son loves being picked up from school in it.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
However, after many years of being stored in a barn, the rats and mice had eaten every single wire on that car. I took me nearly a year to figure out how everything was wired.

View attachment 447923
It took you a whole year to figure out one wire?

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I consider this to be coolest 'car' I ever owned! A 1958 BMW Isetta! Mine was cosmetically perfect (just like this one that's not mine). However, after many years of being stored in a barn, the rats and mice had eaten every single wire on that car. I took me nearly a year to figure out how everything was wired.

Story I got was that the original owner got this in '58 or '59 and drove it to Alaska and back and then put it in the barn. Can't remember exactly, but it seems like the odometer read 11K,

View attachment 447923
Doug Demuro did a review of the car and drove it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom