What was your first vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a digitally-paranoid old geezer:

What's always the first question on a typical list of questions that banks, credit unions, etc. always ask you to provide a "secret" answer to in order to prove your identity? Yep, this is it.

If you assume that every keystroke you type on the web is permanently captured and stored by cloud AI bots somewhere (which is absolutely true), you just gave the bad guys somewhere one more small but important piece of your future identity theft jigsaw puzzle. Ain't AI great?
It's my hope that someone will take over my financial identity. They could only make it better.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first vehicle was a Gray, 1953 Plymouth 4 Door Sedan that I bought in 1965 for $24. It threw a rod and the engine seized just south of Princess Ann, Maryland City Limits I pushed in the clutch and rolled onto the grass on the roadside. A Police Officer from Princess Ann rolled up on us (three friends and I were driving to a Surfing Contest at Virginia Beach). The Officer said he heard the engine knocking as we passed through town and he followed my ‘Oil Trail’…. , Really! LMAO. A Marine Sgt stopped and gave us, our gear and (4) surfboards a ride to Virginia Beach. We coughed up $30 to help pay for his gasoline. He tried to refuse but we insisted. I remember an unofficial message painted on the curb near the Steel Pier where he let us out: It read, “CURB YOUR GIRL”. We got back to Long Island with some girls we knew from home, or else we’d probably still be stuck down in Virginia Beach.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you give them a truthful answer to their "security" questions?
Well, like most people, I have to do routine online logins with a host of different financial outfits, banks, insurance companies, etc. If I lied each time with my answers, that would be a LOT of creative lying answers to think up (there are always multiple questions), and remembering them all down the road might be a real problem. Hell, sometimes I can't remember what I had for breakfast. It's like trying to remember all the lies you've told and who and when you told them to. Pretty hard to do, but people can generally easily remember the truth. Most would have to make a list of their deliberately wrong answers, which would be dangerous to have lying about, or keep a list on their computer, which is even more dangerous. So it seems simpler to just tell the truth, but not publish those true answers to the world. Posting (same as publishing) them on a forum such as this seems to be pushing the foolish envelope a bit.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, like most people, I have to do routine online logins with a host of different financial outfits, banks, insurance companies, etc. If I lied each time with my answers, that would be a LOT of creative lying answers to think up up (there are always multiple questions), and remembering them all down the road might be a real problem. Hell, sometimes I can't remember what I had for breakfast. It's like trying to remember all the lies you've told and who and when you told them to. Pretty hard to do, but people can generally easily remember the truth. Most would have to make a list of their deliberately wrong answers, which would be dangerous to have lying about, or keep a list on their computer, which is even more dangerous. So it seems simpler to just tell the truth, but not publish those true answers to the world. Posting (same as publishing) them on a forum such as this seems to be pushing the foolish envelope a bit.
You don’t lie, you just don’t answer the question they’re asking. It’s not like it matters what the answer is (and, quite frankly, they don’t deserve to have the real answers to those questions), only that you can remember it, so you come up with a system for answering security questions in general so you don’t have to remember specific answers.

If your memory is bad enough that you can’t work a system like that, you can always put the answers in a password manager, then it really didn’t matter what you use because you don’t actually have to remember it. Plus you get better passwords out of the deal.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
49 Olds. Give it gas and it would raise up go down the road a little sideways. Then a 55 Chevy till Ibought my first new car. Just like the OP, a 64 1/2 Mustang with 260 V8. Mine was a soft yellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom