What was your first vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How about the worst car you ever owned.

For myself, it was a 1973 Ford Capri.

I purchased this new at 17 years of age and the local bank wrote the note without a co-signer.

This car was junk after 34,000 miles. I could not keep the points from burning up or the plug wires from going bad. On a rainy night you could see the glow of spark along the plug wires. I replaced them multiple times.

Of course, being a teenager I drove the car hard.

It was a pretty thing when it was new.

Even now, on a rare occasion I will have dreams about that car.

I traded the Ford Capri for a 1975 Ford 1/2 ton pickup that was not much better than the Capri.

I swore I would never purchase a new car or a Ford ever again and didn't purchase a new vehicle for next 25 years.

I am still not a Ford fan and have owned a few since then.

Flame away!View attachment 415339
I had a '76 Capri with the V-6 for awhile when I was around 20. It ran great and it was quick. I bought it from a local cop that had duel glasspacks put in it. I drove it daily 90 miles round trip to work. Those glasspacks about made me crazy. I ended up trading it off when I bought my first and only brand new vehicle, a 1981 Chevy pickup.

1696259574805.png

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
1948 ford coup, one owner, all original, still had the original spare tire, jack, and lug wrench. and about 40.000 odd miles I think? This is in 1962, and I tried to make it look like a hot rod, with no money!! I knocked a hole in the muffler, painted eye balls on the side, just messed it up good, just dumb kid stuff!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My very first car was a 1947 Mercury that my dad bought for him and I to fix up. It was what I was going to drive when I turned 16 but he sold it to a friend of his before we started working on it.

1696260396597.png

The first car I bought when I got my license was a '73 Chevy Vega. I eventually did a V-8 swap to it but never finished the project.

1696260886336.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom