What Was Your College Job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a variety of jobs that let me study some while working...

Worked at Kinko's over night and went to school during the day...I did extra annual training days in the National Guard to make extra money during the summer...the GI bill from the National Guard helped a lot with costs...went active duty for training a couple of times...got activated and sent off to the Gulf for 9 months...ended up working in a computer lab at school until I finished my degree...

Then went to Vegas and had an excellent outing at the craps tables and came home and paid off my student loans...

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I just graduated and I'm still at Red Robin, serving tables and making decent cash to survive. The hours were flexible and I was able to work through school enough to pay for school and some extras here and there.

For those who noticed the whole "graduated" thing: I have my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and am interviewing for using that degree. Not everyone graduated with a liberal arts degree and can't find work (except for the girl with a degree in psychology). Besides, it pays the bills and I'm not stupid enough to quit slaving away not that I'm "educated" and "too good for serving" as some people tend to do.

Great place to eat see ya next time we go.......I still wanna kick the snort out of the person who decided to customize my truck with with their size 12 foot because they did not like my upside down ou sticker.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I night managed a Burger King my freshman year and it sucked big time. After my first year I made a deal with my parents - I got more than 50% of my school paid for by scholarships (ended up being 3/4 of it) and kept at least a 3.5 GPA they would help me out a bit with rent/food/insurance so I wouldn't have to run on 3 hours of sleep for days at a time. After that I did some music union gigs for extra spending cash and for holiday money during school and worked corporate temp jobs in the summers. 25 years later I still use my degree and it was definitely worth it.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP, if you can buy guns while in college and not work you are lucky. Not sure how you are pulling that off. I truly was a poor college student. I never went hungry but didn't have much discretionary spending money.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At OSU, I worked as a doorman at the Library, a clerk in the Student Union Bookstore and a helper in the Geology Department where I was chief rock washer. I graduated with no debt in 1966. Not easy to do that today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom