What's happened to common sense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the world has happened to common sense ????? People are doing the dumbest things these days. Here is a news article about a college kid who jumped off the roof of a 3 story building trying to land in a 6 ft deep pool.... he didn't make it!

Colorado State University student tries to jump into pool from 3 stories up on roof of apartment complex
12:37 AM, May 7, 2012

FORT COLLINS - A Colorado State University sophomore jumped from the roof of a Fort Collins apartment complex Saturday afternoon and landed on the concrete before his body rolled into the pool.

Ian Smith is in critical condition after video shows him jumping from the roof during an afternoon pool party.

His brother says Ian has broken ankles, broken heels and multiple broken vertebrae in his lower back.

"Ugh, it definitely made me sick," Brittany Polliard, who witnessed the jump, said. .......

http://www.9news.com/news/local/art...dent-tries-to-jump-into-pool-from-roof-misses

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't even feel bad for the kid because who thinks to get on a roof and run off into a 6-foot deep pool?" one woman told the channel. "I mean, even if he had made it into the pool, it wouldn’t have been good."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/0...-building-into/?test=latestnews#ixzz1uHqzjl6n

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called Natural Selection and it exists in nature just as it exists in our 21st century modern world. Before the advent of modern medicine these folks were fewer and far between because most wouldn't have survived. Now some human beings think if I just make it on YouTube and get to the hospital within the Golden Hour I'm good, unfortunately for some they don't even make it into the water.

www.darwinawards.com

LRP

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called Natural Selection and it exists in nature just as it exists in our 21st century modern world. Before the advent of modern medicine these folks were fewer and far between because most wouldn't have survived. Now some human beings think if I just make it on YouTube and get to the hospital within the Golden Hour I'm good, unfortunately for some they don't even make it into the water.

^^this. Modern medicine killed natural selection.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 24 hour "news" cycle happened to common sense. There was a day when we didn't hear about every bone-headed but insignificant event in this ever stupid world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom