What's happened to common sense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago jumping off things hurt. I knew a kid that swan dove off the top of that bridge that crossed the Illinois River. Not from the road but from the very top. Broke his neck, he lived but never recovered.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is kids having kids...then letting grandma & grandpa raise them... and sadly grandma & grandpa aren't physically able to keep up with the kids and monitor them properly.... or realize how much technology has changed.

And these fools getting themselves seriously hurt doesn't wise them up. Just look at the kids who have broken their arms, legs and other bones several times while doing skate board tricks or ski jumping, or motorcycle jumping. Their thinking is, "Hey, I'm not having to pay for the medical bills. If I can't work the government will support me.

I think these kids / teens today think life is just a big game or adventure. I don't know any teens... relatives included... who even think about getting older and preparing for their retirement yrs. They want to marry the first person that they fall in puppy love with... just kids having more kids... dumbing down the population. I've got a 23 yr old nephew that could't mow a yard on his own, change the oil in his car or even the tire. Pretty pathetic. It is all playing video games and Facebook on his smart phone... that his parents still pay for. He has a job working at some college... one with a title but little paycheck assisting some professor. :soapbox:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some human traits can be fixed. Some cannot.

For all of you bleating on about "Natural Selection" and "Darwin," did you get vaccinated as a child? Have you ever taken medicine? Do you currently take medicine? Do you wear glasses or contacts? Have you ever had surgery?

All of which can be fixed...

Stupid people are....well,...stupid. However, to call for their deaths is equally stupid.

Unfortunately for the stupid - stupid can't be fixed. Which come to think of it is pretty much why the nanny state is finding so much favor with the masses.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago jumping off things hurt. I knew a kid that swan dove off the top of that bridge that crossed the Illinois River. Not from the road but from the very top. Broke his neck, he lived but never recovered.

I jumped and dove from top of that bridge more than a few times. Lookin back it was dumb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom