Tulsa leaders look to Denver for ideas on how to end homelessness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moving a problem to another place, sounds like sweeping dirt under a rug. Never a solution in that method just a buildup of unwanted detritus.
Seems to me the “homeless” have been used for a long time by both sides of the political isle as a method to drum up funds and votes.
There is a solution, it just won’t make many folks a good revenue stream.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moving a problem to another place, sounds like sweeping dirt under a rug. Never a solution in that method just a buildup of unwanted detritus.
Seems to me the “homeless” have been used for a long time by both sides of the political isle as a method to drum up funds and votes.
There is a solution, it just won’t make many folks a good revenue stream.
Some publicly traded corporation just needs to start opening institutions up. It seems once we get prisons, hospitals, insurance companies, etc. on a stock ticker, the government finds a way to keep them in demand regardless of how effective they are.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Visited Denver this summer for a class. Homeless problem is catastrophically bad. Not sure that’s the place to learn.
Denver was ground zero for the "Colorado Project." Some billionaire Californians knew they could destroy Colorado the same way they destroyed California, viz. by seizing control of the major metropolitan areas. And, they did. Colorado's governor is from Kalifornia.

California is majority conservative, but the metro areas of LA, San Fran and Sac control the elections.

Ditto Colorado.

Which is why I'm watching, with interest, our metro areas (Tulsa and OKC) getting increasingly more liberal. And with liberalism always, ALWAYS, comes the inevitable social catastrophes. Such as, addicts in the streets living in boxes.

Is Oklahoma sure this is the direction we want to go?

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Oklahoma sure this is the direction we want to go?
When half the boat crew is down in the hold Werkin on the hull with hole saws the other half is just along for the ride unless they are willing to deal with those down below. Currently we keep feedin em so the boat keeps sinkin.
Got yer Mae West strapped up?

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they follow Denver they are stupid, downtown Denver has ALOT of homeless people. Smells like a bunch of bums 🥜 sacks and weed and the homeless people are literally zombies. I poked one with a little glow rod to see if he was alive and he just said “Heeeeeeeeyy” in a very slow voice. Weird stuff there

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By all means let's look at a Dem run city in a Dem run state for answers to a problem that Denver still doesn't have an answer for.....smh.

Exactly. Denver, and most of the front range of Colorado, is pretty much on the road to becoming a liberal cesspool. It's not quite as bad as San Francisco yet, but the elected "leadership" is working hard to live up to that standard.

If he went to Denver to learn how NOT to solve the homeless problem, I could see how that was a good choice.

Colorado is just East California at this point. Has been for a while. That's precisely why I left there.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give the store keepers and police cattle prods.....they keep moving...trust me.

Quit coddling these people...you didn't see this back in the 40's 50's 60's 70's....

Don't give them nothing but job information....

Back the police ....no democrat will show up to help ....

OR...show these nuts where the elected scum live, l...help them pitch a tent in front of saids house, business....

watch how quick this will be handled...they will be right back downtown

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Visited Denver this summer for a class. Homeless problem is catastrophically bad. Not sure that’s the place to learn.
Back 25 years or so in Denver for youth baseball tourneys, it was very bad then. What surprised me most was the openness of drugs and liquor use visible in broad daylight. A huge part of Denver was full of it. Sounds like it hasn't changed much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom