What's the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the most important thing you can use to identify someone you do want to do business with is how they communicate via text or IM.

High or low post numbers, someone who speaks in coherent sentences offering a reasonable price and saying something like, "hey I can escape the office at lunch and meet you at Academy at 12:15 or right after work" is probably a hundred times more likely to show up than someone shopping the classifieds Wednesday night saying "I can probably get over there Friday or Saturday". They'll often change their mind by Thursday afternoon when they sober up.

There are a few members here I'd absolutely hold something for if asked. They of course do have high post counts and have been around for years.
Good point........... Those posts where the member just joined that day, and you can see the gun being posted at 3:30am scare me for some strange reason.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I've "blocked" a few "members" whose only posts are in the classifieds, especially when its posting the same junk over and over and over again. It sure cleans up the classifieds when you come here and its not "that guy" refreshing his same 9 ads that are 2 years old.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I've "blocked" a few "members" whose only posts are in the classifieds, especially when its posting the same junk over and over and over again. It sure cleans up the classifieds when you come here and its not "that guy" refreshing his same 9 ads that are 2 years old.
Same here. :thumb:

I've never sold anything on OSA, but have bought a few items (actually a bit more than my feedback shows).

Met a few members FTF in town, and had a few come to my home. Never had a no-show, nor a failure to send or deliver items I'd paid for in advance.

There are some nice folks on OSA. :drunk2:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold quite a bit of stuff here (guns and reloading supplies mostly) and have purchased a few handguns with established members and I've never had any problems......not sure I'd feel comfortable dealing with a guy that only had 1/2 dozen posts or so but that would be my option.

Speaking of buying stuff......I haven't dealt much with Armslist but I saw this and the guy swears it's unfired, very rare and that Hi-Points are highly collectable.

I'm going to try and get him down to around $925.00 but to me it seems like a steal even at his asking price of only $1095.00......should I make a quick run to the ATM before it's gone ?

View attachment 151313

And this is why I don't bother with Armslist anymore! I've had a few no-shows over the years using Armslist. I can gladly say that I've had great communication and positive experiences with all buying and selling I've done with OSA members. I only wish a few of them would've left feedback, but no big deal.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely seems there should be a minimum post count required first like many other forums do. I think you and I should buy this forum. We could weed out the riff raff and restore it to its former glory days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Glory days!! Sweet. Let me know when you are ready to sell me some $350 glocks. Hahaha

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
militantBEEMER said it best early on - "Just use common sense when dealing with anyone and make sure you always meet at a safe location. Just my .02". I would add gut-feeling to that.
Over the years, I've quashed deals with a half-dozen, or fewer, guys who either wanted me to break the law (inadvertently, or not) or who otherwise just made alarms go off. Didn't cost me a penny to be cautious. In every case, I sold the item later.
I've met, overwhelmingly, some darned good guys.

By the way, quit trying to get Joel to buy your guns until after Tuesday.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sold quite a bit of stuff here (guns and reloading supplies mostly) and have purchased a few handguns with established members and I've never had any problems......not sure I'd feel comfortable dealing with a guy that only had 1/2 dozen posts or so but that would be my option.

Speaking of buying stuff......I haven't dealt much with Armslist but I saw this and the guy swears it's unfired, very rare and that Hi-Points are highly collectable.

I'm going to try and get him down to around $925.00 but to me it seems like a steal even at his asking price of only $1095.00......should I make a quick run to the ATM before it's gone ?

View attachment 151313

Sweet!! That looks like the special edition "Hammer" model!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom