What's a good new 25 hp tractor package for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too went through the same thing a couple of years ago. Ended up spending a lot more than planned, but it has been worth it. Bought a low hours 4044m with several upgrades.

My understanding is that there's not much room to negotiate on the tractor, but there is on the implements. I highly recommend that if buying from a dealership, the dealer dependability and trust is more important than the brand.

I'd pretty much sell my soul for a new 4052M Heavy Duty. Perfect tractor for me...except for the $$.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2020 I bought a new Yanmar 221, its a 21hp but the 324/ 325 is a 24 or 25hp. Anyway I have been really happy with my little tractor, granted I only use it for deer lease stuff but still. And the warranty with it is nice too! Got mine from tractor bobs and have no complaints from them either.

Kev1Doggy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a New Holland TC25 4x4 with a front loader, it has supersteer and is fully hydrostatic. It had 500 hrs when I bought it and just turned a 1000 hrs this summer. It is a good tractor, NH parts are pricey, I run a 6ft bushhog on it, but would rather mow with my Dixie Chopper its a lot faster and looks better. Ive had that tractor over 20 years and have hauled a lot of firewood on the place with it....

yotemarvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for quick replies, I never considered a Deere because I assumed it would be way over priced. But that doesn't seem too far from the kabota price and if it's 0 percent interest I'll move my research over there for a bit. Thanks
One thing to consider with JD is that you can pretty much only get parts from JD. You will be stuck using JD for parts and service when the warranty expires.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went new compact tractor shopping in 2009 with checkbook in hand. At the time I owned a '79 Kubota L295DT with a 66" box blade on the back, but there was no reasonable (cost effective) way to add a loader, which is a must for working my little acreage. I like Kubotas, but like some others, I very much disliked their toe/heel HST control. At John Deere in Chickasha I tried out a 3032E with loader and loved everything about it. Loaded the rear tires, hung a 400 lb box blade on the back, and added a set of bucket teeth and a Greens Machine bucket thumb. The tractor has a low center of gravity and is very stable feeling. I was surprised to learn JD was very competitive with Kubota on pricing. I've since added rear hydraulics and top and tilt, which makes driveway and road maintenance much easier.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wut they said

JD runs package deals on a regular basis.
Mahindra is #1 IN THE WORLD (probly because it is the only tractor available in India, but they are good quality.
Kubota is top notch.
I am partial to New Holland, the dealer in Chickasha is top notch and will deal.
I HAVE a Ford 9N, old school, fun tractor.
B-i-L bought a Yanmar. It is a good little tractor
Grandson found a used IH, with front end loader, back hoe, box blade, 6' bat wing mower. Awesome little tractor.

Find the deal you like, you won't be wrong.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All tractors under something like 100 HP are imported and be it Kubota or JD they have the cheapest manufacturer build them
You might take a look at 5N equipment located just north of Okmulgee on highway 75 on the west side of the highway I looked at some of their equipment a while back prices were not bad

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be the first to say,,,
I know nothing about tractors.

When I read "25 horse-power" I was amazed,,,
Is that the average HP for a tractor?

In my ignorance I would have guessed much more.

What is the norm for a normal sized farm tractor?

Aarond

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually a general purpose tractor around a homestead is around 20 to 35 hp now days in the older days it was less cause you didnt have as many implements for them as you do today.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be the first to say,,,
I know nothing about tractors.

When I read "25 horse-power" I was amazed,,,
Is that the average HP for a tractor?

In my ignorance I would have guessed much more.

What is the norm for a normal sized farm tractor?

Aarond

@Okie4570 would tell you that's a toy tractor, but it's pretty average for a compact tractor, the kind a homeowner with a small acreage would use for property maintenance. About 80 years ago it would've been an average ag tractor (the Ford 8N was about 25hp), but these days it's not nearly big enough for real ag use. You could use it to run a rake for hay, but that's about it. The tractors used by food crop farmers generally start around 100hp. 50hp is pretty much entry level for hay farmers, but you need to be around 60hp to use the smallest disc mowers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom