What's a good new 25 hp tractor package for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been researching for a bit and think I've settled on a kabota 2501h with loader, brush hog, box blade, and trailer deal. But wondering what else is out there comparable. I liked Branson's but not sure about dependably. And I've never bought a new tractor, do dealers haggle any or differ much from place to place. Just trying to gather all the info before I make a decision. Thanks

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went thru this a year and a half ago and settled on the JD 3025E...mostly due to price. Pretty much got the same package deal but with a Quik Hitch and pallet forks added to it. No question the Kubota is a solid tractor and you'll be happy with it.

I got a much better deal on the green tractor and JD almost always has 0% financing if that's something that interests you. Resale on both brands are pretty much the best in the business. I hate the treadle pedal on the Kubota HST tractors and that little item was the other deal killer for me on the Kubota.

I can't speak to the Kubota but the JD 3025E never fails to impress me every single time I use it for something I think might tax it's limits. I really do believe, based on 1.5 years of using this thing around our little place, that JD under-rates the specs on this tractor in terms of power. I've found very few things that it won't do with ease.

I've also owned a 2018 JD 2038R with a backhoe and can't say enough good about that one, either. But I had to sell it when I left Idaho and a new one was out of reach, price wise, when it was time for another tractor.

Another tractor I'd consider if I were looking to buy a small tractor is the JD 1025R with a backhoe. I watch Tractor Time With Tim videos on YouTube and it's amazing what he does with that little tractor.

Package Sm.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Kabotas are nice and good but i too hate the treadle pedal i looked on the used market for over a year and finally did a overkill as far as a overall tractor but with what im presently doing with it im glad i went with the bigger one. i ended up with a JD 5520 to us it to push trees and brush piles up more or less using it like a dozer. Once i get finished i may turn around and sell it and get a smaller one just to maintain the property.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh... To answer the part of the question about dealers negotiating... Yes, they do, to a certain extent. I negotiated the Quik Hitch into the deal at no cost in addition to a free first service. I also got them to come off the price of the pallet frame/forks about $300. So that was over $1k in value we negotiated. We didn't really get to the negotiating point with the Kubota dealer so I don't know...but he made several hints that the price is the price.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for quick replies, I never considered a Deere because I assumed it would be way over priced. But that doesn't seem too far from the kabota price and if it's 0 percent interest I'll move my research over there for a bit. Thanks

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing is with Kabota there isnt many after market parts where with a JD there is and Kabota likes to stick it to you where the sun dont shine when they can.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a lack of aftermarket support for Kubota myself. Every time I look for a part or implement for my JD I see the equivalent piece for Kubota tractors. I have no first-hand experience with Kubota dealers aside from the one in Ada. I did get a pretty fair deal on a Land Pride rear blade there last year. I have no complaints with them.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too went through the same thing a couple of years ago. Ended up spending a lot more than planned, but it has been worth it. Bought a low hours 4044m with several upgrades.

My understanding is that there's not much room to negotiate on the tractor, but there is on the implements. I highly recommend that if buying from a dealership, the dealer dependability and trust is more important than the brand.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know mine was used so more wiggle room there but they came down $5k on the tractor and after adding a rotary mower i was still $1 less than the original asking price on the tractor

Latest posts

Top Bottom