What's a good new 25 hp tractor package for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be the first to say,,,
I know nothing about tractors.

When I read "25 horse-power" I was amazed,,,
Is that the average HP for a tractor?

In my ignorance I would have guessed much more.

What is the norm for a normal sized farm tractor?

Aarond

One thing now that makes them even more popular is no extra emissions or def for anything under 30hp

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kubota’s insurance style warranty that is offered with their financing is stellar. I’d imagine other companies offer similar options.

Bang for your buck I think Mahindra or Yanmar will stretch your dollar further, and they come with standard longer term warranties than JD & Kubota. If I were buying a garden tractor like what you’re considering and wanted new, I’d probably be looking at them over green or orange.

Now that the economy is starting to strangle Covid homesteaders who bought with the fed’s inflation money, I bet you can find a used machine for a good deal.

Personally I think you’ll quickly find thats just an oversized lawnmower, and that you want more HP & weight than what it offers. Small machines are great but go spend $3-4k instead on a little ford or Massey 35-40 hp tractor with a couple attachments, or $5-10k on a 50-60 hp with FEL and 2 rear remotes. If you’re going to spend bigger money, buy a bigger pre emissions machine - a category 2 machine one that can pick up 1 ton with the FEL.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, the difference between a big tractor and a compact is time, The compact will do the job, it just takes longer. I have a small Kubota, and I'm amazed at what it will do, 4wd helps a lot. If you're doing dirt work, don't even think about a tractor without a FEL and a BB, it's just a yard ornament without those. I see bare tractors for sale and I'm sure some people think it's cheap, but without implements it's just taking up room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom