What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I remember three. Growing up in far north Wisconsin, Eagle River to be exact.

My mom had a early 70s f250, I remember it being white with a blue vinyl interior, and bouncing down the road on that bench seat. Something like this, but not this nice, or this rare.
IMG_3123.jpeg

My dad had two: we’ll start with the less special one first. He had a early 60s one ton, maybe more than that Chevy flatbed with the stakebed sides. I remember it being red and rusty, and the stakesides always rattling around.
IMG_3124.jpeg

Last was my dads daily driver/commuter: a 1973 Toyota Corona Deluxe coupe. It was in really rough shape, he owned it up until a year or two after I got out of the Marines. Sadly, he wouldn’t sell it to me for a reasonable price, he was convinced that it was worth $20k or better because it was a “classic and rare”. I wanted to buy it and restore it. He ended up selling it for couple hundred bucks to some scrapper, ironically, less than what I had offered him. They’re super cool, and I would love to find one to restore. This example was way nicer than his, but the same green color, under its hand painted white house paint it received at some point in its life.
IMG_3122.jpeg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First I remember, and the one that started a life-long love affair with pickups, was a blue 58 GMC stepside with a really cool jet plane hood ornament. Man I loved that truck...

Later on in life, long after my parents had divorced (would've been when I was in junior high) my mom remarried. My step-dad, John, had a Mustang GT350. At some point not long after they married he traded the Mustang for a f***ing Maverick. We never really did get along...especially after that.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1957 Ford two-tone.

The next one was a 1960 Pontiac Star Chief --- Dad said that this was the only car he owned that actually used 100 gallons of gas (premium) in one day! Folks were on their way to Seattle. Dad remembered passing a car that the owner was changing a flat somewhere in Montana. Dad filled up in the next town. Just as he was preparing to pull out from the pumps, the guy that was changing the flat came up beside him. Told Dad that he was going so fast that he almost blew his car off the jack!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom