What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My Dad's first car was a '35 Chevrolet Master. He talks about it often. Mine was a '74 Vega --- I hardly ever mention it! :pms2:
Haha. Mine was a '73 Vega. I ended up putting a 400 from a '69 Firebird in it, and narrowed a posi-track to put under it but I never finished the project. I still have dreams about my V-8 Vega now and then.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First car I remember was a '53(?) Kaiser Allstate in dark green. My older sister and I decided to surprise Dad by washing the car using Tide detergent and and bleach (just like mom used for washing clothes). Unfortunately it took the paint off the car and turned our hands green. Later, when Dad got home from work it seemed to also turn our butts red :anyone:

1696097978010.jpeg

First truck I remember was a '59 Chevy Apache that Dad used to haul our boat (16' ski-boat with Johnson motor).

1696098150619.jpeg

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad owned a 1947 Willys Jeep.
We'd put snow chains on the tires for extra traction dragging elk out of ravines in Colorado.
It was green with homemade bumpers and tow bar.
On steep descents, you kept your hand on the shifter to keep it from popping out of gear. Ha

Latest posts

Top Bottom