Whats the going rate for a hunting lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be throwing your money and time away.
Let go of our lease this year for the same reason. 160 acres with cows and probably only 20 acres of woods. Neighbor had wheat field the first year that kept deer on our place, but after that first year they sold the land and new owner put cows on it.

We would see deer on camera after that but usually at night and if you saw a deer during a hunt it was rare.

Cut our losses and moved on to a new place this year even though it’s smaller we think it’ll hold more deer bc of the abundance of food.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, here's one for you all. A buddy texted me about joining him and a couple others on a lease that's within 5 miles of my home so he got my attention. It's on 98 acres but looks very promising. I mentioned for that small you wouldn't likely want more than a couple of people hunting. He replied needing 4 or more since the asking price is $10K. WTF?? $10,000! I asked if that was correct since it's over $100/per acre and going rate seems to support around a $20/acre price. Haven't gotten a reply yet but for those prices I'll happily drive the 1 1/2 hours to my own place!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, here's one for you all. A buddy texted me about joining him and a couple others on a lease that's within 5 miles of my home so he got my attention. It's on 98 acres but looks very promising. I mentioned for that small you wouldn't likely want more than a couple of people hunting. He replied needing 4 or more since the asking price is $10K. WTF?? $10,000! I asked if that was correct since it's over $100/per acre and going rate seems to support around a $20/acre price. Haven't gotten a reply yet but for those prices I'll happily drive the 1 1/2 hours to my own place!
So Disappointing what its come to. but would be great for quick hunts!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At those numbers I could probably be talked into leasing my 360 acres located in the prime hunting location of Roger mills County. :)

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you, but there’s ALOT of people with ALOT of money. Those people will pay whatever the market will bare, and unfortunately, I don’t ever see prices going back down.

I’ve said it before and will say it again. Though I love my place up there, if someone were to offer me some stupid high price, they can definitely own it, BUT it would have to be pretty ridiculous for me to walk away. :anyone:
Be careful, you may not know how nuts it's getting up here. A lot of people from Texas (and now other places) are doing crazy stuff up here. My sister works for a title company in OKC. 3 or 4 years ago they were picked to close a deal down by Brokenbow. When she's going through the paperwork she had to call the realtor and tell her they had a typo in the price and they added a digit. It was about a $55k property. Realtor told her, "no the correct price is $550k".
:ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom