whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Back in 1982ish I traded for a 10/22. Ive sold it and bought it back and traded it twice only to retrade for it back.

Ive restained the stock. Its wore about every scope ive ever bought. I still have original mag as well.

Ive pulled off some amazing shots with it...dimes nickels n quarters out of the air. Shot a meadowlark in head with open sights 2 telephone poles away...even called head shot. Killed several rabbits on run. Shot a buzzard in flight.

Ive killed Squirrels, rabbits, birds, dogs, cats, pig, deer, possums, coons, beaver, muskrats, armdillows, hawks, crows, snakes, turtles, fish, chipmunks, coyotes, bobcats, gophers, rats.....its even been pointed and aimed at another human.

Its had a jillion rounds shot thru it and still holds a pretty nice group. If I ever had to bet my life on a single shot, id hope this old gun was close at hand.

Ive taught so many kids n nonshooters how to shoot over the years, ive lost count. Not one accident either.

Ive had it 32 years and its sitting in the corner now, calling me to shoot it later...I think ill take it for a walk and add a memory after lunch.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any real sentimental ties to any of my firearms. Especially none like you are talking about. However, I do have 2 that I don't think I could ever sell. My ruger mark III pistol and my double barrel SxS shotgun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Winchester model 1890 hex barrel pump .22 is the one with the most memory's.

Bought used by my grandpa, passed down to my dad, and finally me.

Iron sights, brown patina, dents and nicks in the stock for character.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Winchester model 1890 hex barrel pump .22 is the one with the most memory's.

Bought used by my grandpa, passed down to my dad, and finally me.

Iron sights, brown patina, dents and nicks in the stock for character.

Now, THAT'S a CLASSIC!!! (PICS, or you're only teasing!)

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandpas Winchester 94-30-30 that he bought new in 61. His deer rifle he left to me after he died.
After mom passed I inherited his S&W model 34 22lr that was his carry pistol, still in the old leather holster he put it in.
Something about slipping through the woods during deer season with that rifle in my hands and the pistol on my side just feels right.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My most sentimental is also a really good rifle that has been pretty much my "go to" gun for a lot of purposes. It is a late-60's vintage Remington 700 BDL in .22-250. The sentimental part is that I got it from a close friend that I grew up with in 1997 - he wanted me to have it because he was in the middle of marital/mental/alcohol/drug problems and knew I would take care of it. He took his own life in 2004 and using his old rifle helps keep me connected.

Cedar Creek

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Grand Dad's Colt 1911. It was my first autoloader, and I've put many thousand rounds through it over the years (40+). Gripping that pistol is like shaking hands with an old friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom