Where can I get a GOOD cantaloupe ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Olathe corn and Paonia cherries too
Since we've hijacked already, the best corn was Sakata(Olathe is from KS I believe). But, Sakata got out of the sweet corn biz in 2018. Crazy how good the fruit is on the Western slope.

@swampratt Does the Mrs like peaches? Last year there was a stand here locally selling Palisade peaches. I'll have to ask my friend if seen any this year. If you get one of the cantaloupe off Harrah Rd, let us know how good it is and where.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a tasty cantaloupe from Crest and some Washington cherries and California strawberies.
Farmers Market at the Northeast end of Lake Overholser.

https://lakeviewmarketok.com/

No cantaloupe there, I went.
I did get some tasty juicy peaches at Rubys this morning. 4.99 a lb ouch but better than hard non tasty ones I toss in the can.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife's birthday is today.
She just told me she wants a cantaloupe and vanilla cake with strawberries.
I will be hunting produce today and then making cake.
If you ever become single, and I hope you don't, and if I ever become single, and I hope I don't, I would like to date you. It wouldn't necessarily have to be romantic, maybe just a movie and then dinner at your place.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long you gonna be there?

This place? 👇 👇
https://thewellok.org/norman-farm-market/
Until 1pm.
Any OSA members show up get a discount. I’ll make it worth your while.
We have tomatoes, onions, greenbeans, okra, patty pan squash, yellow squash, golden & green zucchini, cantaloupe, potatoes, cucumber/pickling, garlic, beets. I’m sure there is something g I’m forgetting? My brain? Sunrise Farms, I work the corner! Keep in mind I can sell 100 cantaloupe by 10am. Earlier the better. If I know your coming I’ll save ya some

Latest posts

Top Bottom