Where to sell older 22 rifles and a 410 shotgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was asked to help find the best way to sell 3 older firearms for a family friend. Where would be a good place to sell considering these could have some collector interest? I don't have them in my possession, but can pass on questions or suggestions.

Two are Remington 22 rifles, both made in the early/mid 1930's. Both are used but not abused. One is a Remington model 12 with a hex barrel and the other is a Remington model 33.

The shotgun is an Iver Johnson 410 single shot made between 1909-1919. It's in rougher shape and part of the plastic butt-plate is missing. I'm fairly sure it is the Champion model.

I dated these based on the serial numbers. I think the Remington model 12 is the potentially valuable one based on a little research.

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The model 12 could be worth from a few hundred to several hundred dollars. I'd go over to rimfire central and do a little searching.

TheLlama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would look and see the actual prices they are bring on Gun broker... If you are ever in the city take a trip down to Sooner State Pawn

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bring them to the store if you can and I would be glad to evaluate them,
I can tell you that a champion in less than great condition goes for only the $100 price range but condition is everything so it could be worth much more
the 33's had 4 different models and value could be from $75 to $550.
and the 12, well like I said condition is everything because I just sold a really poor one for $35 but it was a drilled out for a carnival gun.
of the 5 versions the hightst book value is for a mint condition NRA for $1600, others were still in the hundreds

Gunbroker is the best place to sell a good gun because the market around here is poor for selling collectables, the serious buyers will only pay 35C on the dollar.
The shotgun on the other hand is great for selling local, I am not a buyer for it but I can give you an honest opinion.
and we do consignment sales too if you want to keep them local.

Donald

Latest posts

Top Bottom