Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interstellar. The Murph and this one. I've never watched the movie and it's gotten pretty bad reviews, but it did give both watches a cult like following.

I have the 42mm Khaki Field because of Captain America. His was on a brown strap though.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hamilton-watches-movie-interstellar/
I'm a big fan of the movie. I had to watch it 3 or 4 times before I really understood what was happening though. I have the 42mm Murph and love it. One day I will pick up a "Coop" , the Pilot Day Date, to have both and because I really like the hands on it.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the movie. I had to watch it 3 or 4 times before I really understood what was happening though. I have the 42mm Murph and love it. One day I will pick up a "Coop" , the Pilot Day Date, to have both and because I really like the hands on it.
I've seen the Pilot Day Date in the sun and it really pops! I almost bought it over my 42mm Field, but ended up loving the Field more

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aragon Divemaster GMT Titanium (First one so good I had to get another)
20230419_212419.jpg

20230420_090933.jpg

Sapphire Crystal and Bezel
45 mm Titanium Case
Exhibition Back
Signed Screw Down Crown
GMT (NE34 Seiko)
Water Resistant 200 Meters
Full Lume Dial (Glows for at least 5 hours)
Very Visible

Ordered an Extra Strap, a NATO Red White and Blue strap.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aragon Divemaster GMT Titanium (First one so good I had to get another)
View attachment 369457
View attachment 369456

Sapphire Crystal and Bezel
45 mm Titanium Case
Exhibition Back
Signed Screw Down Crown
GMT (NE34 Seiko)
Water Resistant 200 Meters
Full Lume Dial (Glows for at least 5 hours)
Very Visible

Ordered an Extra Strap, a NATO Red White and Blue strap.
BTW, this is why I'm lucky retail priced Rolexes are tough to find, at least the ones I like. I'd have at least 3 Submariners. Won't do gray market pricing.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, I sync'd this Yuto with the world clock on Monday around 1400 hours. Thursday at 1100 hours, it only 6 seconds fast. Granted, it's brand new, but I'm still pretty impressed.

And it's black 😈

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got these out a few weeks ago to wear, but only #2 ran - fast. 1) Gruen ca. 1927 two tone Art deco gf, 2) Gruen Curvex ca. 1945 40mm 14k. I have a couple more, but these are my two favorites. Took these to BC Clark and they quoted me $600 & $700 to repair,. I told them, "No, thank you."

FWIW ... I bought these in the late 80's at a weekly flea market that was at the Tulsa Fair Grounds.

I had to get another Curvex fixed a bunch of years ago and I think the issue was that the oil had congealed and gummed up the works. Not a major repair. I'll try to swim through this thread to see if someone posted a local watch repairman.

# 1
IMG_1819.jpg
IMG_1969.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom