Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're a 40mm case, right? I wanna get one, but I worry about it being too small, 42mm is about as small as I can go, my wrists are 8" circumference and I have big stubby hands too.
I have 8.25" wrists and it was a little loose on me out of the box, not counting the extra links I asked for. It was one of the only handful of watches I've ever owned that had to be downsized for me when new.

It is 40mm. It wears excellent, and with the fixed end links, it wears larger. Feels great on my wrist.

One thing that I noticed is that the bracelet is assembled with screws rather than pins. Screws are fine as long as they have a bit of meat to them, and these certainly do (they are surprisingly thick screws & threads). One thing I've had happen on watches in the past is that the screws were not very tight from the factory, and I've had them start to unscrew themselves. When I saw that this bracelet was screwed, I pulled each one out individually, put a small tab of Loctite 242 (blue), and reassembled the bracelet (after I had sized it). This may not have been necessary. It's just something I do to any watch with a screwed rather than pinned bracelet. This still has a glide-lock so it is still adjustable by quite a bit. If it ever needed they can still be removed, but they certainly won't ever begin to come out on their own.

Regarding the regulation, mine was running a bit fast, but it was technically still within spec for a NH35 movement. I was able to regulate it to three positions to within 3 s/d. Pretty great results from this movement! Amplitude was great out of the box, but still improved a little more after fine tuning the regulation. It's definitely a newly manufactured authentic Seiko movement, and not a Chinese knockoff.

Overall I am impressed. I'd suggest taking the plunge on this 40mm. With it's fixed end links, it'll wear better than you think.

Photos are from the 'dial up' position. Didn't want to post 6 different pics showing each position before & after.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 180332.png

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not what I was wearing but, a friend. A friend came by yesterday to pick up some bolt spacer I made for him. I noticed he had a nice-looking watch on and I didn't ever remember ever seeing him wearing a watch before. I asked him what it was and he said a Tag. I looked it over. Nice watch but, I wasn't crazy about the orange face. He said he wasn't either. He bought it on some island when he and his wife were on a cruise. The salesman told him it was a limited run watch. He said later on the ship a watch salesman on the ship offered him $500 and a blue faced watch of the same model watch in a trade and he turned him down. One thing about that watch I liked was he said you can wind it ever though it was an automatic. I just bought a Seiko 5 which I go for days and don't wear so, I have to reset it every time I put it on. First and last automatic watch I plan to own.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How’s the BB58 Burgundy in person? I’m honestly afraid to go look at one because I know I’ll buy it. Hell, it’s only money I suppose. I just dropped close to the cost of a new Tudor on a humidor that when you think about it, holds stuff I’m eventually just going to light on fire and enjoy it burning!

Haven't seen one in the wild that I remember. I've seen a few BBs blue dial with the grey strap and they looked awesome, just too small for me. All Tudors look better in person IMO though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom