Who actually made this Ppks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple of things that seem to be relatively common issues with these PP Series pistols. One; the hammer following the slide forward when firing, and two; the safety dropping down into the “safe” position from the ”fire” position while firing. If you’ll look at the exploded diagram for these guns you can see they have a very intricate, jewel-movement kind of construction, particularly in the fire control mechanism. This problem is often the result of wear but also can be attributed to poorly fitted parts. For example, the interaction of the hammer, safety drum and hammer block: these may seem to be drop in parts, but nope, there are 5 (as I best recall) sizes to be matched up, with those parts and it takes a gunsmith with a good knowledge of these guns to do it right. I’ve had the safety issue with at least 3 of the ones I’ve had. Talk about putting a ship together in a bottle...if you ever start trying to replace the hammer, block, sear, etc you are in for some serious small micro work with tweezers and a lot of patience. Anyway, neither of these common problems is a big deal if it’s just a range gun or a just for fun gun, but they are show stoppers if you intend to carry the pistol for self defense.

I sure do like that two tone on yours...I hope she’s a shooter.

Netminder1976

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks again. Everything seems really well functioning right now. Definitely nothing I am going to carry as to its somewhat uniqueness. I'm gonna try and trade it to someone for a carry weapon. I'd keep it if I could but at this point I cant afford to keep one I'm not going to use. I appreciate all of your help and info on the gun.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to know, but I just can’t remember exactly what it is now. It’s a proof mark of some kind, you can go to the Walter forum and search. You’ll no doubt learn a lot more cool stuff about these by doing this anyway. It’s on mine too, but not as visible in this pic.
6a72a8afc487326b4fb6fba292b36483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guessing this isnt your throwaway gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom